SinglePlayer Map Renderer

DorHans

Version 1.11

Happy new year!

Based on the idea from dynamis_dk, I added an option to render the biome map. Big thanks to the Fun Pimps for outputting these files with the current random gen!

biomemap.jpg.30043729f4a1a061ad8d18a204af83d4.jpg

There's also a new option to render the prefabs. This option needs to know the folder, where 7 Days to Die is installed (I call this directory "game folder" or "game root"). Please check the settings and choose your installation folder.

prefabs.thumb.jpg.4adbf0e4ce20a4263a74ce0f6780d424.jpg

As the names of the prefabs easily overlap each other, I also added new bigger TileSizes. The picture above is made witch "DoubleSize". Please be aware, the resulting picture is limited to about 20000 by 20000 pixel. You will get an error message, if the TileSize is to big. To create larger images, I would have to reprogram the whole thing.

• 1 month later...

Hi DorHas. Thanks for creating this tool.

I have started encountering an error on my latest world when I select the 'Draw waypoints' option though.

System.IO.IOException: Cannot locate resource 'resources/png/ui_game_symbol_gyrocopter.png'.

Is this something that can be easily fixed?

Otherwise the rest of the tool works nicely for me :) Well done!

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic work DorHas, great to see a dev taking onboard suggestions. It was actually a friend at work was looking for a tool to do the same and he noticed my post so asked me about it this morning so I came to take a look... I'll admit I haven't been checking back as I've not been playing for a while but we've setup a new server and I'll certainly give this another look.

I actually managed to replicate the functionality in powershell, reading all .map files for a given rendom gen save folder read and mapped out over biomes.jpg with discovered area overlaid and prefab info on top. I'll take a look at the code you've used for your prefab mapping as its much cleaner than my version. You look to have got the box sizes perfect around each perfab so I'm keen to sneak a look how thats been done :)

Keep up the great work :)

• 9 months later...

Hey, Just checking back to see how things are progressing. I've been working on my own take on this again following a friend firing up a Undead Legacy server and I've been really enjoying it again. I managed to get the prefab rotation working so thanks again for making the source available. Sadly my Visual Studio trial ran out so I'm struggling to piece together some bits like the waypoint reading.

I've tried your latest release and I can't seem to get way points rendering on the map. Does the current release have support for A19(.3) waypoint locations?

Archived