Arequest to make trader quest on a sliding scale

Bigrowdy777

Would it be possible to make trader quest somewhat limited if desired. Perhaps make it a sliding scale, So players who like it the way it is can choose the 5 per day and players who dont want to focus on quest and dont like the idea of becoming too powerful too soon can adjust as they like. AND make it a perpetual state so no longing in and out to get the best quest and gaming the game.

Perhaps from 1 per 7 days to 5 per day.

There already is such a thing, it's called "if you don't like it don't do it".

What's next, removing traders all together so the only social interaction you have in a solo world is talking to a block of wood you called wilson?

Some people already suggested that, good idea. Take the game back a few years and just scrap all the hard work for Traders, recording their title music and doing all the voice acting, very smart idea, that will surely make more people enjoy the game.

If the elite players need to play hard then just don't do trader quests, lock in at your base like a hikikomori and never leave.

The game already has a way to play without traders, its called play without traders.

As people said that 'if you think the game is too hard, play something else", well. If you think the game is too easy because of traders, go play something else.

It’s probably a good idea to have settings, if not for solo players, then for servers.

Quests in general are still kinda new, relative to the age of the game itself. They like to be absolutely certain that a feature will benefit from settings. I imagine that they would want the feature to be at least close to its intended final design before complicating it.

I think there’s a really good chance settings will come eventually. Otherwise, I would keep an eye on the mods. If there isn’t one already to slow things down, I suspect there will be very soon.

3 hours ago, George Gordon said:

There already is such a thing, it's called "if you don't like it don't do it".

What's next, removing traders all together so the only social interaction you have in a solo world is talking to a block of wood you called wilson?

Some people already suggested that, good idea. Take the game back a few years and just scrap all the hard work for Traders, recording their title music and doing all the voice acting, very smart idea, that will surely make more people enjoy the game.

If the elite players need to play hard then just don't do trader quests, lock in at your base like a hikikomori and never leave.

The game already has a way to play without traders, its called play without traders.

As people said that 'if you think the game is too hard, play something else", well. If you think the game is too easy because of traders, go play something else.

I asked for a slider on the the number of quest available so what are you on about? Nobody said REMOVE traders or whatever nonsense you are on about.

Explain to me why sliders in the number of quest would somehow hurt the people who currently like it as it is. Really Explain. 

If you play SP, control yourself. It´s not hard. I played quite a few games without using the trader at all, despite having them in game.

If you want this for your server, you propably have to rely on mods. Maybe make a request in the mod section. If you are lucky you might find a modder who wants to do that.

Also there is a section for suggestions, called Pimp Dreams. Might wanna post there or ask a mod to move it.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

6 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

If you play SP, control yourself. It´s not hard. I played quite a few games without using the trader at all, despite having them in game.

If you want this for your server, you propably have to rely on mods. Maybe make a request in the mod section. If you are lucky you might find a modder who wants to do that.

Also there is a section for suggestions, called Pimp Dreams. Might wanna post there or ask a mod to move it.

Yeah its been a while since I have been on the official forum. I probably should have posted it there....