Sign in to follow this  
Nolla

Stack Number Should Be 256 not 250.

All,

Most of the items in game can be made into items divisiable by 4. 250 is not divisable by 4 - 256 is. 250 would leave 6 over in a new stack, 256 wouldn't.

Now is this hard coded into the asset files or can we update the stacknumber whilst keeping EAC intack?

Regards

Nolla

You can change all those in the items.xml file, under <property name="Stacknumber" value="1" />

So, the stack size is govened by the stacknumber in the items.xml and not hard coded into the asset file.

Thus keeping EAC files compliant?

Most of the items in game can be made into items divisiable by 4. 250 is not divisable by 4 - 256 is. 250 would leave 6 over in a new stack, 256 wouldn't.

Sometimes limits are only because of how the data is stored in the program. If they use a single byte to store the number it's limited to a number between 0 and 255. Making a single byte integer count to 256 when the actual limit is 255 would make the number 0.

@Grog

The max stack is much higher than that. No worries there.

@Nolla

It'd be easy to make this change in the items.xml

Get Notepad++. Open Items.xml. Hit Ctrl+F. Click the "Replace" tab.

Find: <property name="Stacknumber" value="250" />

Replace with: <property name="Stacknumber" value="256" />

Click "Replace All".

Magic happens. Tada.

All,

Now is this hard coded into the asset files or can we update the stacknumber whilst keeping EAC intack?

Regards

Nolla

Never really noticed it. Maybe because most times I don't max out my stacks.

Some items are made using 2,4,8 or 16 objects. Nice even number. Would clear out a slot if you used the shift key provided you had enough of other needed items.

Isn't there a way to replace all stack numbers at once? I believe I seen it posted in here before, but forgot it. You did have to go through and manually add tags and amounts to those without it, like food and the like.

Edited by Pvt_Cub (see edit history)

Good idea actually. Should be done by TFP. Modding the xml is easy, yes, but for people who play MP that´s not an option.

This is a necroed thread from 2015. Closing