Disabling Hornets

KastaRules

I love the atmosphere of this game but those frigging giant [B]hornets[/B] spoil it completely when I am playing. I don't see them related to the undead holocaust as they are *not* zombies. They are mutants of some sort. I wanted to ask if it could be possible to add an option to turn [B]on[/B] or [B]off[/B] certain kind of enemies to our liking. Hornets in my case.

Those hornets seem to have some sort of crazy AI........Every time I think "Ok better turn this way, or look that way..." Damn thing is never where I thought to look.......And when I do think "Ok, screw this, I ignore the little guy, and he keeps hitting me, Ima look at him, then attack when he gets close, cause I got no ranged".....Then I see the guy, and he's always out of reach by the time you see em, then he backs off like ...."Ya, I can detect he's looking at me, Ima just back off now".........How bout walking into the junkyard, not realizing it might have 8 dogs there all coming for ya at once.....and that's when you notice most how long that shotgun reload is.......And you wish they'd make it REALISTIC so it loads as many shells as determined when/if you interrupt the whole reloading process....as opposed to nothing being reloaded at all, if/when you interrupt the reloading process:)

[QUOTE=vosszaa;14829]Turn enemy spawn off in option? But that would disable the zombies too :/[/QUOTE] *Click here to prevent the spawning of Zombies that contain certain traits(Click also all traits that apply)* *Flying/Jetpack* *Climbing* *Spitting/Vomit* *Exploding*

They don't really fit in a zombie game, at least not to my way of thinking. I can see why they have a flying mob, to make sure even a spiked, walled compound isn't free from threat, but maybe they could do diseased ravens instead. I could see a carrion bird getting some sort of nasty infection from eating zombie flesh, and it fits better with the genre. The hornets are really a minor threat, and overall are pretty trivial to take out. However, an entire flock of crows swooping in to attack would be pretty nasty. Well, that's my reasoning, anyway. :D

[url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?652-Why-the-giant-hornets-make-honey-Explained&highlight=Bees[/url] This story clearly explains how they came to, and excuse my pun, "bee". They're mutated by the epidemic and have a resistance to the actual strand that makes them turn into zombie hornets. So instead, they're just ****ing huge and aggressive defending their territory! Stop whining about a game mechanic, it adds another dynamic to survival. In a zombie apocalypse it isnt just going to be you vs . The zombies. You'll have to fight with nature as well. Their mechanics are extremely easy to understand. Its called a shotgun. After initially spotting the bee's after hearing them, then its easy. Is the game too hard for you? Minecraft is always there for you to crawl back up into its arms!

Hornets are easy to hear. When you hear them just look up? Once they are in your sights you can sit there and waste bullets or just make a bone shank like I do and stab that hornet it'll the face. Usually a 1 shot kill too and bones are abundant. I like the hornet, adds more dynamic to base building because you gotta worry below you for zombs, sides for spider zombs, and above you for hornets.

[QUOTE=Stisis;14930][url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?652-Why-the-giant-hornets-make-honey-Explained&highlight=Bees[/url] This story clearly explains how they came to, and excuse my pun, "bee".[/QUOTE] Well, no offence to anyone who came up with that story, but it's a pretty weak. It sounds more like an excuse for using a wasp model they happened to have had lying around, rather than an actual rationale. :)

Haha.. it was on of the devs who came up with that story. And their reasoning is that the zombies were created via radiation and that the hornet was affected too. That being said they have stated numerous times that eventually you will be able to turn off what you don't like. I do agree that I find nothing wrong with them. They are rarely that much trouble. If you zigzag through trees, run up an hill then down the other side you can normally lose them. The same is true at night when being chased by zombie. If you run up a hill and down the other side, you will normally lose them and easily survive the night. Its really not too difficult.

I know it's early days, but I hope we eventually see wildlife that has escaped from zoos and wildlife reserves and started breeding, and maybe also animals that are flourishing now mankind has been removed as a limiting factor. Grizzlies, puma, lions, bison, elephants... that would be pretty fun. Ahh, I can but dream for now.

[QUOTE=Coggage;14971]I know it's early days, but I hope we eventually see wildlife that has escaped from zoos and wildlife reserves and started breeding, and maybe also animals that are flourishing now mankind has been removed as a limiting factor. Grizzlies, puma, lions, bison, elephants... that would be pretty fun. Ahh, I can but dream for now.[/QUOTE] That would be cool for sure. Especially if they had different agro tables. For example, elephants would normally leave you a lone but the tiger would try and hunt you. gorilla would attack if you got to close. Zombie animals would he scary though. Even daytime elephant zombies. Imagine a nighttime elephant zombie trying to take down your house

• 3 weeks later...
hornets in this game suck, they need to have an on or off option. but seeing how many of you defend keeping them around in the game then maybe we should add a huge flying pterodactyl that craps all over the place too! or how bout a flying 1979 Ford Pinto that was mutated by radiation and all it does is try to mount your face to infect you with herpes,i know we could call it Herpie! The love Bug! side note, pretty stupid having zombies be able to tear down walls or melt them, why even give the ability to craft/create to have your work destroyed by auto griefing AI, i thought we could just leave that to players to do or "bandits" as you all so call them. there should be toggles to turn off digging,block destruction and stupid hornets!

[QUOTE=outlawbiker;20593]hornets in this game suck, they need to have an on or off option. [/QUOTE] [QUOTE=outlawbiker;20593]side note, pretty stupid having zombies be able to tear down walls or melt them, why even give the ability to craft/create to have your work destroyed by auto griefing AI, i thought we could just leave that to players to do or "bandits" as you all so call them. there should be toggles to turn off digging,block destruction and stupid hornets![/QUOTE] To be fair it's a survival game. If you're playing co-op with your buddies, this is the threat you're working against. If your base is completely immune to destruction, then there's no PVE threat, and really no game. If you just want to build and not bother with zombies, there's an option to turn them all off. That said, I'm all for more configuration options. The more customizable the game, the better.

I can understand if your making the argument that they don't belong in a zombie type world for lore sake and that is a reasonable argument because it makes sense, but I read a few posts here that said they were annoying or somehow making the game too difficult for them. err Carebear much? I really hope the developers on this game don't listen to these kinds of replys and just take it with a grain of salt. Not all of us are 14 years old and like to play games that are so easy a 6 year old can play them.

I suggested an alternative to the hornet in the form of a diseased carrion bird, or even a flock of them, to suit the zombie genre better. A lone hornet is a trivial threat, I agree, but just seems out of place, to me anyway. Not a big issue though.

• 4 years later...
hi so i am getting this: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I only get this when i try to spawn a hornet in to my alpha 16.4 game. I took all the files i could find for the hornet from alpha 15.1 game files and pasted them in to my alpha 16.4 files in the correct places. For me in my case this error is to do with the hornet text in the Items document. see bellow. i have two id82 because they decided to take the hornet out of the game and only in this file they reused id82 for another zombie. Previous to this error it was saying that "name: stingHornet" doesnt exist and i also had problems with the "hand" - the hornets attack. I really hope someone can help me fix this problem because i have edited a few files (see below) to make the game so much better. Working oven - done toilets give murkey water - done Sinks give clean water when clicked on with empty jar - done Start with bottle water, canCilli, huntingKnife, torch, landClaimBlock on SP and MP- done No radiation damage - done All help will be greatly apreciated thanks

This thread is from 2013. You should start a new thread in the Modding section for assistance with modding the game. Until then, headshot to the resurrected Z... [IMG]http://66.media.tumblr.com/0ba1c4a8fa9940803cf315de9aa6a1d2/tumblr_obcm6aowka1rp0vkjo1_500.gif[/IMG]

Archived