Launching game and multiplayer issues

Auhunter78

When my friend attempts to launch the game now and accepts an invite from me, he keeps getting "select an app to open this ms-xbl multiplayer". It gives him a dialog box to open the game with: other games or a different app from the store. I have researched this extensively, but am unable to find a solution. My other friend is able to launch his game and join me from an invite, so not really sure why he is having problems. Any suggestions?

We all play on pc/steamspacer.png!

Should he select apps and select steam?

Edited by Auhunter78 (see edit history)

I might have found the problem. I downloaded the game through game pass, my friend uses steam. It that the culprit?

12 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Have you tried the following:

Verify that Microsoft Xbox game bar is installed and active

Verify that all file are updated

My friend is using steam, Im using game pass. Is that the problem?

3 minutes ago, Auhunter78 said:

I might have found the problem. I downloaded the game through game pass, my friend uses steam. It that the culprit?

This is most likely why my saves from the steam version are not visible when launching through game pass version. I have been having trouble with that as well. I'm downloading the steam version now, to see if issues are fixed.

21 hours ago, Auhunter78 said:

This is most likely why my saves from the steam version are not visible when launching through game pass version. I have been having trouble with that as well. I'm downloading the steam version now, to see if issues are fixed.

That was the problem right there! We were trying to play on different platforms! STEAM AND XBOX GAME PASS ARE "NOT" CROSS PLAY!

On 5/20/2023 at 9:05 AM, Auhunter78 said:

STEAM AND XBOX GAME PASS ARE "NOT" CROSS PLAY!

They are cross-play.

Here are the steps for Xbox for PC to Steam
1. Click join game
2. Select the region
3. Click search
4. Click P2P (the second menu at the top)
5. The steam name should appear in the list. If not repeat the steps to refresh the list.  It might take many refreshes for the steam name to appear in the list.

The steps for Steam to Xbox for PC
1. Click Join game
2. Select the region
3. Click search
4. Click P2P (second option on the menu)
5. The gamer tag should appear in the list. If not repeat the steps to refresh the list.  It might take many refreshes for the gamer tag to appear in the list. (edited)
Jump

Alternatively, you could both join a public server to play together.