Improving the mechanics of the game

Wilkas

guys, please, who can answer me these few questions. I just noticed an interesting mechanic, according to which, if you shoot off a zombie's hands, it will start biting, and it looks pretty good. And tell me, do the developers have plans to add animation of zombie bites and more attacks with teeth rather than hands? After all, this task is to feast on the player's flesh, and not to hammer the player with his hands? And one more question - will it be possible with the appearance of bandits to extract human meat and blood from them and from the killed players? To, for example, eat it or create a zombie bait? I will be grateful to everyone who answers.

I wouldn't assume 100% of the time that a zombie is only interested in biting.   Smashing the living with fists like an enraged ape has been added to the genre in several non-Romero themed bits of media ranging from books to films.  And although the topic has been discussed, to the best of my knowledge TFP have made no official announcement as to the factual details surrounding the affliction and how the zombie physiology works. 

Curious Side Note:  The biting mechanic is a strange one to me that has been somewhat explained but for which I think clarification is needed.  That being: the fact if you perk Brawler 1 and punch a zombie in the face, it looses the ability to transfer the disease.  However, zombie combat animations are mostly flappy arms and throwing hands.  I've personally shredded a high health zombie into nothing but a torso and head, and somehow it still possessed the ability to move extremely slowly and bite.  However, the bite animation seems to be very very subtle to near not-noticeable.  I wonder if that was intended?  I'm certain someone a little more familiar with inside information might be able to offer up some clarification on that.

On 5/10/2023 at 9:58 PM, Ramethzer0 said:

I wouldn't assume 100% of the time that a zombie is only interested in biting.   Smashing the living with fists like an enraged ape has been added to the genre in several non-Romero themed bits of media ranging from books to films.  And although the topic has been discussed, to the best of my knowledge TFP have made no official announcement as to the factual details surrounding the affliction and how the zombie physiology works. octordle

Curious Side Note:  The biting mechanic is a strange one to me that has been somewhat explained but for which I think clarification is needed.  That being: the fact if you perk Brawler 1 and punch a zombie in the face, it looses the ability to transfer the disease.  However, zombie combat animations are mostly flappy arms and throwing hands.  I've personally shredded a high health zombie into nothing but a torso and head, and somehow it still possessed the ability to move extremely slowly and bite.  However, the bite animation seems to be very very subtle to near not-noticeable.  I wonder if that was intended?  I'm certain someone a little more familiar with inside information might be able to offer up some clarification on that.

I think so!