community.7daystodie.com

Velvet Jones

49 minutes ago, Velvet Jones said:

WTF?  I'm logged in!  What does it matter if I'm using a VPN.   Please fix this!

Based on what I can see, your IP address changes a lot.

Most of your recent IP addresses show under the provider Windscribe Limited

This is VPN/Ad blocking software. So if you don't use it, then you won't get that message.

23 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Based on what I can see, your IP address changes a lot.

Again... I'm logged in (with 2FA).  This should not matter in the slightest.

This is VPN/Ad blocking software. So if you don't use it, then you won't get that message.

Your glib reply sounds a lot like: "If you let us trample all over your right to privacy, then you won't get that message."

There are far better methods of preventing spam, or attacks on your server, than blocking my legitimate access, and given that I have 2FA enabled on my account, this isn't about promoting security, either.  Even without the VPN, I would still have uBlock Origin to limit my exposure to the malware attack vector that advertising servers have become, so is this a VPN issue at all?  Does your site even serve ads?  Blocked or not, there would be some evidence of their existence, and I've never seen any.  Either you're not serving ads, making the argument moot, or you are, and my protections are working better than I realized.

As an existing customer (7DTD), I'm telling you that I don't like the practice of blocking VPN users.  As a potential customer of any future products TFP might offer, I'm telling you that being unable to access support through the website because you are blocking VPN users will weigh heavily on my future purchasing decisions.  At issue is whether what your customers are telling you actually means anything to you.

32 minutes ago, Velvet Jones said:

Your glib reply sounds a lot like: "If you let us trample all over your right to privacy, then you won't get that message."

Sylen is not an employee of TFP, so he tramples nowhere. He gave you a solution, what you read between the lines is likely just your imagination.

There are far better methods of preventing spam, or attacks on your server, than blocking my legitimate access, and given that I have 2FA enabled on my account, this isn't about promoting security, either.  Even without the VPN, I would still have uBlock Origin to limit my exposure to the malware attack vector that advertising servers have become, so is this a VPN issue at all?  Does your site even serve ads?  Blocked or not, there would be some evidence of their existence, and I've never seen any.  Either you're not serving ads, making the argument moot, or you are, and my protections are working better than I realized.

If the site blocks VPNs then it is likely because of Spammers using VPNs to post their Spam messages.

As an existing customer (7DTD), I'm telling you that I don't like the practice of blocking VPN users.  As a potential customer of any future products TFP might offer, I'm telling you that being unable to access support through the website because you are blocking VPN users will weigh heavily on my future purchasing decisions.  At issue is whether what your customers are telling you actually means anything to you.

Wrong person to tell it to. There is a "Support" button on the top line, maybe you have more success there.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Velvet Jones said:

Your bank does it too. Do you give them the same complaint? What about Netflix, or most other streaming services that also block VPN?

There is a good reason why reputable websites block VPN traffic.  If you cannot accept that, then maybe you need to unplug. Or maybe you can explain why this website doesn't qualify as trusted to you?

I will note that I personally use Ublock Origin. I also use a VPN where necessary. My personal choice is PIA. When used correctly, I do not have any issues. I always disable them for trusted websites as well.  PIA has a neat feature where I can whitelist certain apps and functions. Makes using a VPN a lot easier.