DEV STREAM 4- Can we fix Scope peripheral’s?

The new update looks amazing so far but I gotta say after playing the game for 4+ years. I’m sick of the scopes having a big black box around it and I constantly get hit because I can’t see what is AroundMe well sniping. Everyone help me to make the fun pimps change this

3 hours ago, Raptortwenty2 said:

The new update looks amazing so far but I gotta say after playing the game for 4+ years. I’m sick of the scopes having a big black box around it and I constantly get hit because I can’t see what is AroundMe well sniping. Everyone help me to make the fun pimps change this

Do you have your sound turned off? It's pretty easy to tell where they are when I use headphones. 

the black area never bothered me and i have played other games that do it that way as well so its not just our game like this.

when i used a rifle scope in real life... my attention was NEVER looking anyplace other then the reticle itself so the focus for me was essentially blacked out.

but the real truth is...  some can play with it and some cant. :)

Edited by unholyjoe
i hate auto correction (see edit history)

I can't say that I like the black screen around the scope. I do not like him. But since there's nothing I can do to change this (other than installing mods), I just resigned myself.

I think that the black screen around the scope will never disappear from the game, since its absence will require additional rendering of the area outside the scope, and this is a minus FPS.

The game will ported to consoles and therefore optimization (money) is in the first place, and the absence of a black screen will only hinder this.

I'm just for the developers to get more money for their game and be able to make other cool games, so I won't be outraged, I'll just use mods that are available to all PC players.

Another question is what the developers will do if the players on the consoles don't like it )

1 hour ago, Survager said:

since its absence will require additional rendering of the area outside the scope, and this is a minus FPS

I don't think this is true at all. Nothing is being changed to the rendering when in-scope. It's just an overlay on the screen. There's already a mod that does this very well and there no hit to performance as far as I can tell, and I'm not running anything fancy.

11 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

I don't think this is true at all. Nothing is being changed to the rendering when in-scope. It's just an overlay on the screen. There's already a mod that does this very well and there no hit to performance as far as I can tell, and I'm not running anything fancy.

i.e. when zooming the image in the scope, there is no additional rendering, even when the image in the scope shows details of buildings that are not visible without the scope? Developer comments needed here @faatal 🙂 👆

Edited by Survager (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Survager said:

i.e. when zooming the image in the scope, there is no additional rendering, even when the image in the scope shows details of buildings that are not visible without the scope? Developer comments needed here @faatal 🙂 👆

Well, in the end, you are still showing the same thing as if you weren't using the scope.  It is just as if you were that much closer to where you are looking.  Go to a point about 8x closer and you'll have basically the same view as if you used an 8x scope.  So rendering shouldn't really be any different unless you are very close to something and zooming it closer than if you were standing next to it.  Even so, adding the view outside the scope area does mean you're showing additional details and *when compared to using the scope as it is now* it will require more rendering and therefore potentially lower fps slightly to show the additional details.

In either case, I don't really care about it.  Many games do this for scopes.  If you were to use a scope in real life, you will usually have one eye closed and the other so focused within the scope's view that you really aren't seeing much of anything else anyhow.  I don't mean to say you can't get a peripheral view of movement IRL but the main focus is pretty much what you'd get from the way the scope is depicted in the game.  I'm fine with it.

in one of the old a17 dev videos MM showed off new scopes that are actual models instead of a basic overlay. However they obviously never made it to any alpha since so not sure what happened there. 

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

Even so, adding the view outside the scope area does mean you're showing additional details and *when compared to using the scope as it is now* it will require more rendering and therefore potentially lower fps slightly to show the additional details.

That's what I'm saying, though. I could obviously be wrong and a dev would have to confirm, but in it's current state I would be willing to bet that everything is still being rendered and that the black you see around the scope is simply an overlay. Showing or hiding that overlay is not going to affect performance.