A20.7 b1 Stable

Hated

Hello Survivors!

With the Experimental phase of A21 coming soon, we want to patch an issue we found during testing.
This patch only addresses a benign save game compatibility error users would encounter when returning to A20 after a session in A21 Exp.
This patch does not contain any content you may have seen in an A20.7 Twitch build, those features will roll out with A21.

Stay alert for developer stream announcements to catch the latest news about A21!

Please remember A20 save games will not work with A21 for Steam or Microsoft users, you will have to start a new game.

You will be able to catch dev streams on fubar_prime's channel.

Alternatively you find them uploaded on YouTube a short time after.

Edited by Hated (see edit history)

• Hated unlocked this topic

Proč se v tom zase někdo hrabe???!!!! Zase nefungují servery!!! Nikdo neumí udělat takovou aktualizaci, aby to nepoškodilo servery? Už i 7 Days to Die  dělá stejné chyby, jako jiný vývojáři. Server se chce spustit, ale nespustí. Chybu mi to nedokáže ani ukázat, takže ani nevím, co mám opravovat. Proč ničíte hru takovými aktualizacemi? Kdyby jste napsali, jak to opravit. Ale to ne.....

8 hours ago, RamblesToIncoherency said:

How long after the client update does the server usually get updated? 

I'm running a dedicated headless Linux box with 20.6, and did the steam update but it still shows the server is 20.6, so I have to assume that the server version hasn't been updated on Steam yet. 

I used SteamCMD on my server to install update. And it actually updated, but was still on 20.6

I did an install of the Server through the Steamclient on my PC and copied that stuff over to the server and replaced the files it requested.

Server now runs 20.7

So maybe just delete only the 7d2d server and/or download it to an empty folder.

so like the xbox version of this game this version is pointless if you want to play it properly and update it (theres no point in playing an open world game where you collect and build if youre going to have to start again with every significant update) looks like im done with this version as well then cos for me thats just as bad as the xbox version glitching and removing everything randomly

4 hours ago, DarthB said:

so like the xbox version of this game this version is pointless if you want to play it properly and update it (theres no point in playing an open world game where you collect and build if youre going to have to start again with every significant update) looks like im done with this version as well then cos for me thats just as bad as the xbox version glitching and removing everything randomly

The beauty of survival games like 7 days to die is you can replay them several times many different ways. (E.g. different perk builds, longer days, bloodmoon, no bloodmoon, etc.)

Many fans of the game will come back after every major Alpha update and start a new game to check out all of the changes.

Personally, I like the INT tree and like building my own horde base to see how long I can survive the 7 day blood moon.  I typically will play permadeath style where if I die I stop playing that save which makes every action (or inaction) I make even more meaning.

In my latest playthrough I decided to take over an existing POI as my base instead of building from scratch.

I'm a builder at heart so, I use to export my builds to file so I can import them into a new game if I ever wanted to for nostalgia.

Hopefully, you can find similar new goals to help the game stay enjoyable to you.

There are also a ton of mods / overhauls out there as well.

Edit: you can also back up your A20 save and revert back to A20 if you want to continue your adventure there if you are not ready to start over.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

nah im done, this pc version has had so many updates but they dont seem to care about the xbox version, its glitchy as hell and theres absolutely no point in starting again every time theres a significant update (this is the only game of this type that does that) all those issues have killed the game for me which is a shame cos it could be amazing

48 minutes ago, DarthB said:

nah im done, this pc version has had so many updates but they dont seem to care about the xbox version, its glitchy as hell and theres absolutely no point in starting again every time theres a significant update (this is the only game of this type that does that) all those issues have killed the game for me which is a shame cos it could be amazing

Fully understand 👍.  Hope you decide and check things out again once the game is finished.  At least then, there should not be anymore save breaking.

On 4/21/2023 at 5:36 PM, DarthB said:

I have in the past installed multiple versions of 7dtd and played them separately. 

Unless they'ved changed this, you should be able to re-download prior versions.  Alternatively you can just save the current version in a different folder.  (rename the folder)

In the past you would see the older saves and also the newer ones, you would just not load the older ones with your newer software version (because it could wreck them).

(the above with Steam)

Edited by Rog (see edit history)

On 4/21/2023 at 7:36 PM, DarthB said:

On 4/21/2023 at 10:53 PM, DarthB said:

So are you on PC or Xbox? Kind of hard to tell. Either way, it's been almost 1.5 years since A20 came out. I wouldn't say that is an issue having to start a new game every 12-18 months. You just sound like another console player that hasn't kept up with what all has happened and just wanna come here and spew hate. Just sit on your hands and come back when the new console version comes out(or Gold release if you are on PC). You've already bought the game, so you don't have to pay any more for the final game on PC, and TFP have said they will try and work with the console companies to give a discount on the new version to people who own the original release.

On 4/21/2023 at 12:56 AM, RamblesToIncoherency said:

How long after the client update does the server usually get updated? 

I'm running a dedicated headless Linux box with 20.6, and did the steam update but it still shows the server is 20.6, so I have to assume that the server version hasn't been updated on Steam yet. 

on my server is the setting "get every new experimental version" but a stable ist not on experimental, so imust chhose in server menu the new version...OR u choose in your game/steam/setting >play 20.6 or 20,7

On 4/24/2023 at 4:05 AM, meganoth said:

Bugfix. No additions. Read the first post in this thread

Bugfix.. that now causes bugs. There's a house next to my group's base that now causes the command console to pop open with a bunch of errors, and the house itself is "gone." It's still there but.. yeah.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

15 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

My steam does not offer me A20.7 b.1 Stable version as an automatic download. Is that intended?

a20.7b1 is the current stable build. it is not experimental therefore there is no build to choose from. you should have it automatically.. but just in case... choose "None" which will default you to stable build.

good luck

On 4/21/2023 at 6:07 PM, Star69 said:

That is correct. You cannot use a A20 world save in A21. This update, A20.7 is for if you upgrade to A21 when it comes out then you go back to A20, you will not run into errors.

So if I am reading this correctly, if you are running A20.7, and the update comes out, we can have the option to go back to the 20.7 save?  STEAM doesn't allow you to block/stop updates.   I honestly don't see a couple of my friends going back to the game if we can't continue our current game.

When you say, go back to A20, are you talking about A20 as a version, seperate from A20.7?  Or does "A20" encompass ALL A20.X versions?

17 minutes ago, Krauser said:

So if I am reading this correctly, if you are running A20.7, and the update comes out, we can have the option to go back to the 20.7 save?  STEAM doesn't allow you to block/stop updates.   I honestly don't see a couple of my friends going back to the game if we can't continue our current game.

When you say, go back to A20, are you talking about A20 as a version, seperate from A20.7?  Or does "A20" encompass ALL A20.X versions?

All you have to do is opt in to a specific version of the game that you want to play.  In Steam, right click on the game and choose Properties.  Click on Betas and choose the version you want to use.  You can play almost any stable version of the game this way.  Besides, experimental will be opt-in.  Until A21 is actually released, Steam should not update you.  Unless you play rarely, your current game will most likely be long finished before A21 stable comes out.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Krauser said:

I've been playing since A16 and I have yet to see a minor update break saves. So an A20.1 game should be compatible with A20.7.

This is definitely not true of major updates, like A20.x to A21.x. Those games will break. (And vice versa, an A21.x game won't be backwards compatible with A20.x.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 3:07 AM, Star69 said:

That is correct. You cannot use a A20 world save in A21. This update, A20.7 is for if you upgrade to A21 when it comes out then you go back to A20, you will not run into errors.

What if I save my base as POI and import it into new one would that be an option?