7 Days to Die - Unique Relics - A21

Bladestorm Games

Version
• Game Version: A21+

• Mod Version 1.2 (Updated on Oct / 20th / 2023)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BhBVEf5be59okXEARRJPMvlU5N-vcyrs/view?usp=sharing

Intro about the Mod

!! Please read the section "Game Bugs" section. It contains critical info. !!
• Number of Relics: 62

• Relics provide unique effects / buffs.
• Relics can be equipped on the Chest Armor slot.
• As of right now, these Relics should be looted from:

- Chance to loot from POI Chests, Safes, ZBags.
    - Chance to loot from Hidden Stash, Burried Supplies.

• For Multiplayer, I suggest both Server/Host, and Client(s) / User(s) have the mod installed to avoid potential issues.

Relics Database (List of all Relics and their effects)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DEnKHMTX4NBdpwzO-_E3lliRGNXYSV0uS3Gnu__As3o

Update Log:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XExrSGnxfNruyp4g-m94XNMpz9cizOvz3POP0beaHpg/edit?usp=sharing

Issue/Bug List:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lKbgmHLEdtYBuTqT926LO-a_Sk5cQY8IJf2A3P5FHhk/edit?usp=sharing

Buff-on-Equip Bug & Solution:

In A20 and A21, there is a bug where when you are adding a Modifier to an Equipment that already has a Modifier that grants a Buff, the already-equipped Modifier's buff will fall off / on as you add more Modifiers to an item that is Equipped. (Read here: https://community.7daystodie.com/a20-bug-database/confirmed/buffs-from-item-modifiers-can-fall-off-r862 )
Solution: Add your Modifiers onto an item while the item is NOT equipped. Once the item has all your desired Modifiers, then its OK to equip the item.

Conclusion:

Special thanks to those who have answered my questions about modding!
Icons from Path of Exile, some icons adjusted.
Sound effects from Diablo 2.

If you like this mod, check out my Rings of Potential mod:

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/30182-7-days-to-die-the-rings-of-potential/

Edited by Bladestorm Games
Update Mod (see edit history)

• Bladestorm Games changed the title to Relics - Item Modifier Mod
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't get this mod to work with Darkness Falls mod.. Console says it loads fine spacer.png

but there is just never a relic in any loot in my last three days of playing after adding it, even checking loads of loot bags from Blood Moon. Is it possible that DF changed the name of loot spots in a config and thus the Relics mod doesn't understand what to spawn in?

Edit: Actually I noticed another line in console just now
spacer.png
Any idea how to remedy that so it's working with DF?

Edited by Barcalounger (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Barcalounger said:

I can't get this mod to work with Darkness Falls mod.. Console says it loads fine spacer.png

but there is just never a relic in any loot in my last three days of playing after adding it, even checking loads of loot bags from Blood Moon. Is it possible that DF changed the name of loot spots in a config and thus the Relics mod doesn't understand what to spawn in?

Edit: Actually I noticed another line in console just now
spacer.png
Any idea how to remedy that so it's working with DF?

DF is an overhaul mod, which means a lot of mods won’t work with it.  You would have to create a patch in order for this mod to work with DF 

On 4/30/2023 at 10:40 PM, BFT2020 said:

DF is an overhaul mod, which means a lot of mods won’t work with it.  You would have to create a patch in order for this mod to work with DF 

Yeahhh I know, I know, you're right it is a massive overhaul and an awesome and fun mod in general, backed up and removed a majority of my mods for it. Relics adds new items though rather than modifying existing items so I feel like they should be compatible if I knew how to get them to properly spawn in DFs containers..

EDIT:
Okay well I did finally get this with DF so yes like console says it's loaded and working as I suspected it should be.

spacer.png
It was in a Hidden Stash though but those are definitely fewer and harder to come by. Not a single one from a loot bag or any other containers but I guess if I do come across others in different types of loot then I'll mention it.

Edited by Barcalounger (see edit history)

• Bladestorm Games changed the title to 7 Days to Die - Unique Relics
  • 2 weeks later...

You have a bug in your mod's structure - the subdirectory 'Config' is named 'config' (lowercase 'c').

I know this may not seem like much, and has no effect on Windows - but if you happen to be running the DS on Linux, the 'config' directory is not the same as the 'Config' directory because Linux by default uses a case-sensitive filesystem.

This causes the mod to seem like it's not loaded at all, since none of the XML patches actually apply.

Changing the folder name to 'Config' resolves the issue.

Also, my game is failing on GeneralDamageResist not existing, but that may be due to me being on A20.4. Thankfully, that's a simple compatibility fix in any case, even if at the cost of some of the relics having no function as a result. I'll probably look into removing them altogether in a patch instead of changing the XML file, but for now it'll work enough to load into the game.

Edited by Kadigan KS-b
lowecase -> lowercase (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Kadigan KS-b said:

You have a bug in your mod's structure - the subdirectory 'Config' is named 'config' (lowecase 'c').

I know this may not seem like much, and has no effect on Windows - but if you happen to be running the DS on Linux, the 'config' directory is not the same as the 'Config' directory because Linux by default uses a case-sensitive filesystem.

This causes the mod to seem like it's not loaded at all, since none of the XML patches actually apply.

Yeah, that won't fly.

1 hour ago, swmeek said:

Is there a way to turn down the roar volume every time I kill something?

Unfortunately I don’t think there is a volume setter for sounds.xml, so what you could do is open buffs.xml and CTRL+F “PlaySound” and delete the whole line.

When I make the next update, I’ll include a No Sound Effect version, and a Low Sound Effect version.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am using your Rings of Power alongside this mod. I like the concept alot! However, I found an issue with some relics which grant utility stat modifiers. Particularly I have the relics that grant +15% forge speed&+10% salvage harvest per 10 player levels, and the lockpick relic equipped at lvl 120. Attempting to lockpick sets the timer to -1.1s and does not do anything (I must cancel the attempt and break a lockpick) and my forge's crafting with anvil slotted inside goes into the negative timers as well, but it near-instantly completes hundreds of queued forged steels per tick. These issues correct once I unequip these two relics.

On 6/1/2023 at 5:32 PM, Strickove said:

Hello, I am using your Rings of Power alongside this mod. I like the concept alot! However, I found an issue with some relics which grant utility stat modifiers. Particularly I have the relics that grant +15% forge speed&+10% salvage harvest per 10 player levels, and the lockpick relic equipped at lvl 120. Attempting to lockpick sets the timer to -1.1s and does not do anything (I must cancel the attempt and break a lockpick) and my forge's crafting with anvil slotted inside goes into the negative timers as well, but it near-instantly completes hundreds of queued forged steels per tick. These issues correct once I unequip these two relics.

Thanks for the bug report!

I made a new game, and set my player level to 120.

I then grabbed the Relics:

Forge Badge (+15% Faster Crafting)

Master Key (+5% Lockpick Speed per 10 Player Levels)

I used Cheat mode to grab a Forge, Materials to make Forge Steel, and the Anvil.

Using just the Forge to make Forged Steel, its a 14 second timer.

Using the Forge WITH the Anvil makes Forge Steel a 10 second timer.

Using the Forge WITH the Anvil AND the Relic: Forge Badge makes Forge Steel an 8 second timer.

I also tested the Master Key relic on a Hardened Chest, and at Player Level 120, it brought the Lock Pick Timer on the chest to 4.4 seconds.

So I'm not sure where your bugs are coming from, are you equipped with some Rings with similar stats as the Relics?

And/Or do you have certain Skill Points / Perk Points / Books that may effect stats?

EDIT Lock Pick Speed:

Ok so I tested something: I grabbed 3 points into Lock Picking perk which grants 30% Faster Lock Picking. Now with that AND the Master Key, I get -1.1 timer on a Reinforced Chest. This is a fail on my end for not testing over a Lock Picking Speed threshold. BUT I was under the assumption that if a person had equal to or greater than 100% Lock Pick Speed, it would/should insta-open a locked object. This is more of a core game's code thing, as they should have the code read something like this to account for negative Lock Pick Timers:

if lock_speed_timer <= 0 {
   Unlock Chest
}

But to be fair they probably didnt include something like that because the core game would never get close to a zero second lock pick / insta-lock pick.

As for the Crafting Speed issue, i was able to go a bit faster by putting points into Advanced Engineering, but Im at a 5 second craft timer for Forged Steel.

EDIT Crafting Timer:
Im not at a 1 second Craft Timer for Forged Steel using this setup:

Forge with Anvil (+50% Crafting Speed)

Relic: Forge Badge (+15% Crafting Speed)

Ring: Laborlove (+25% Crafting Speed)

Perk: Advanced Engineering (+20% Crafting Speed)

I must be missing something compared to your setup, because I still cant achieve the insta-craft bug.

Edited by Bladestorm Games (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they removed or changed one of the loot groups.  If you go into the Config/loot.xml and remove this line it appears to work:

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupBuriedLootStashTreasure']">
        <item group="groupRelics" />
    </append>

Alternatively you could replace it with the below and that would maintain the code, but just have it ignored.

<!--<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupBuriedLootStashTreasure']">
    </append>-->

This means one of the loot groups won't produce relics, but the rest will work fine.

46 minutes ago, elucidus said:

Looks like they removed or changed one of the loot groups.  If you go into the Config/loot.xml and remove this line it appears to work:

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupBuriedLootStashTreasure']">
    </append>

Alternatively you could replace it with the below and that would maintain the code, but just have it ignored.

<!--<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupBuriedLootStashTreasure']">
    </append>-->

This means one of the loot groups won't produce relics, but the rest will work fine.

It fixed it! Thank you!

Could you also fix his Rings mod?

Edited by Dragonchampion (see edit history)

Alright wasn't as complicated as it seems, do the same thing as above, as well as go to item_modifiers.xml and replace LootGameStage with just LootStage anywhere you find it. That appears to get it working though I haven't confirmed, yet since I haven't tried enough to get any rings.

On 6/22/2023 at 11:42 PM, Rizzano said:

Is this server side only for A21? Or do players need the mod too?

There is assets, so obviously NOT server only

@Bladestorm Games please be aware, that Linux/Unix does care about case-sensitive, unlike M$
the folder config needs to be changed to Config
Size obviously does matter in some cases 😛
Also ModInfo Version says A20 which is not the case for the A21 version. This should be changed. I would also recommend to make ModInfo version2 compatible which means, that the string in Version is wrong anyways. It should be something like 1.1.1 (major.minor.build). In this case i would go with 21.0.2 or something

Edited by LootGoblin (see edit history)

I found some bugs

traveler's charm is not working after 10 level always grant 1 cap
and Ignitious, Frigus, Fulgor has no cooldown they effect every power attack

Came here to report this.  Definitely need a patch, they're too OP otherwise.