A Winter Project A20 (WinterWeen)

sphereii

Recommended: 12G of RAM or higher.

Recommended: Default difficulty.

Required: Alpha 20.6

Welcome to the Winterween Project by sphereii and xyth, the unholy combination of Winter Project and the ancient Valoween!

Steel your nerves. Steady your hands. Keep your wits about you, and you just may survive Winterween...

We invite you to once more explore a special sphereii-mental release, and challenge yourself to unlock its secrets.

Thank you to the following Modlet creators who helped shape out the world with their modlets:

JaxTeller718's Bigger Wandering Hordes, BirdsNestAndTrashDestroyedOnLoot, and IncrasedZombies
Khaine for his HP Bar Mod, Dangerous Cities, and Lockable Slots
ocbMaurice for his Enclosed Space, pin recipes, Crooked Decoration and his startup optimizer.
AuroraGiggleFairy for the HUD mods
Guppycur for his Card modlet

Big kudos to Alter for the Snow Falling and Accumulation work.

Special thanks goes to Mumpfy for his texturing work.

Available on the Mod Launcher, and Direct Download HERE

Dedi Install Warning! - read carefully

This mod contains the VideoPlayers mod, which uses Unity's Video component.  By default, the vanilla dedicated server default startup file named startdedicated.bat has a Unity startup parameter -nographics .   -nographics means dont initialize video, or load various shaders and the video decoding files needed to render video.  So you have two options:

1.  Recommended -  edit startdedicated.bat file before starting up the dedi.

On about line 69 of that file you will see this line:         start %GAMENAME% -logfile "%LOGFILE%" -quit -batchmode -nographics -configfile=serverconfig.xml -dedicated

Change it to:     start %GAMENAME% -logfile "%LOGFILE%" -quit -batchmode  -configfile=serverconfig.xml -dedicated

Failure to do this properly will crash your dedi hard and fast.

2.  Remove the VideoPlayers mod before starting the server.  Do not do this after starting a savegame, as it is not save safe. 

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Just fyi, a new version with bug fixes and adjustments are being pushed daily since release, so be sure to update your game periodically.  Generally things are gamesave safe,  so far anyways 🙂

On 4/14/2023 at 3:04 PM, Wert111 said:

i cant donwload, pls google drive or something else, just i cant bcs google said "dangerous web site" .

The .zip file linked above is dynamically created based on the very latest files on github.  No viruses included.  

We are changing files daily right now as folks give feedback, so making a manual .zip isnt an good option right now.

• xyth changed the title to A Winter Project A20 (WinterWeen)

Hey there, Winterween looks very interesting and I'm looking forward to checking it out. Couple questions; do I need to copy over more than just the contents of the Mods folder to my server? Also, I assume this is not just a group of server side mods and it will need to be present on the client end as well?

Thanks,

Xorb

1 hour ago, Xorb said:

Hey there, Winterween looks very interesting and I'm looking forward to checking it out. Couple questions; do I need to copy over more than just the contents of the Mods folder to my server? Also, I assume this is not just a group of server side mods and it will need to be present on the client end as well?

Thanks,

Xorb

Just the Mods folder is all you need on the server. Clients will also need to have the same copy of the Mods folder installed.

33 minutes ago, sphereii said:

Just the Mods folder is all you need on the server. Clients will also need to have the same copy of the Mods folder installed.

Thank you for the quick reply, sphereii, much appreciated...=) I'm also assuming any generated map will do?

Thanks again,

Xorb

6 minutes ago, Xorb said:

Thank you for the quick reply, sphereii, much appreciated...=) I'm also assuming any generated map will do?

Thanks again,

Xorb

That's correct. Any map will do :) Some people include compo pack, and that seems to work too.

hello,

Big Thx for the overhaul mod ;)

The idea is good and the difficulty is great. 👍

I have a prob...

When I take a mission from the trader, where I must take the things in the bag, all starts good but after a hammer blow or a shovel blow near the place or house, sudunly, all starts to collapse like you can see on the capture. I don't know if it's normal and if I am the onlyone having this, but I think no. And some times the mission became off because the item I must find is destruct in the collapse...

I don't know if there is a connection with the type of mission but, it's often when I must find the bag and take what's in it...

Hope it's nothing bad...

Rygaldo

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Rygaldo said:

hello,

Big Thx for the overhaul mod ;)

The idea is good and the difficulty is great. 👍

I have a prob...

When I take a mission from the trader, where I must take the things in the bag, all starts good but after a hammer blow or a shovel blow near the place or house, sudunly, all starts to collapse like you can see on the capture. I don't know if it's normal and if I am the onlyone having this, but I think no. And some times the mission became off because the item I must find is destruct in the collapse...

I don't know if there is a connection with the type of mission but, it's often when I must find the bag and take what's in it...

Hope it's nothing bad...

Rygaldo

spacer.png

Hmm, I'll take a look. Was it a Retrieve The Supplies quest? 

Did it happen only once, or is it happening for each of those quets?

15 hours ago, sphereii said:

Hmm, I'll take a look. Was it a Retrieve The Supplies quest? 

Did it happen only once, or is it happening for each of those quets?

hello,

yes that's it, on Retrieve The Supplies quest.

It appens all the time for these missions.

Re,

I made the translation of the all mod in FR.

All works fine and with my files, you have english and french language available.

The only thing I can't traduce is the modlet folder named 'OcbEnclosedSpace'... There is no location file and I don't know how to make one ... So if there is one in the future, I can do it, but for now I can't.

You can find the ZIP contening all traductions here :

https://anonfiles.com/H2YeJ3obzb/WinterProject_A20_6_Traduct_FR_Mods_WinterWeen_zip

Just have to open the ZIP file, extract and paste the 'mods' folder. Like this all 'location.txt' will be replaced.

You can had this to the overhaul mod download and tell the french language is add to the mod ;)

Rygastan.
(I know, I suscribed with rygaldo but it's because I can't find my logs at this time ...)

Edited by Rygaldo (see edit history)

Hi,

questioning myself that the problem described upside, comes from them, I deleted the other mods that I added personally, leaving only those of "WinterWeen".

I started the game on a save I made on the mission 'Retrieve The Supplies', activating the quest and going to the foot of the house under snow, where the bag is to be found, I put a blow of shovel on the snow outside, very close to the house, the collapse of the whole area of the house, as well as itself, in large part, began...

Of course, if I stay under the collapses in progress, I can lose a life. Once the collapse is over, there is a vast hole going down 10 or 15 meters, some times more, going to the bedrock.

So, I wanted to make sure that it wasn't one of the other mods I added myself that could create this collapse problem, but it turns out, apparently, that it wasn't.

On reflection about it, I thought : isn't it a matter of too much snow accumulation or something like that? And snow has a particular reaction to being piled up. Not like a 'solid' block. And If you put a blow of shovel on the snow block what can start the collapse, it starts...
I tell that because in some case, I used this tactical action, by removing the snow under a big block, to making it collapse for some big parts of snow...

I don't know but it might be an idea...

Well, I hope you'll find out what the problem is...

THX

Rygastan

1 hour ago, Rygaldo said:

Hi,

questioning myself that the problem described upside, comes from them, I deleted the other mods that I added personally, leaving only those of "WinterWeen".

I started the game on a save I made on the mission 'Retrieve The Supplies', activating the quest and going to the foot of the house under snow, where the bag is to be found, I put a blow of shovel on the snow outside, very close to the house, the collapse of the whole area of the house, as well as itself, in large part, began...

Of course, if I stay under the collapses in progress, I can lose a life. Once the collapse is over, there is a vast hole going down 10 or 15 meters, some times more, going to the bedrock.

So, I wanted to make sure that it wasn't one of the other mods I added myself that could create this collapse problem, but it turns out, apparently, that it wasn't.

On reflection about it, I thought : isn't it a matter of too much snow accumulation or something like that? And snow has a particular reaction to being piled up. Not like a 'solid' block. And If you put a blow of shovel on the snow block what can start the collapse, it starts...
I tell that because in some case, I used this tactical action, by removing the snow under a big block, to making it collapse for some big parts of snow...

I don't know but it might be an idea...

Well, I hope you'll find out what the problem is...

THX

Rygastan

This problem appeared in the Wild West Mod quite recently from A20.6. In that case it has been in the desert biome and forest biome for POIs like this underground.
It appears that terrain stability is not what it was in A19 with much more frequent collapses even where there has been sufficient underground support. These collapses are not just occuring in weaker areas either. Once a small areas 'breaks', there is a cascade effect which is collapsing areas which used to have sufficient integrity.

The Wild West Mod has made no changes to terrain and uses no other mods which would cause such an event, but it is still happening. This issue is not just limited to Winterween and appears to be a game wide terrain issue with stability, integrity, and how the voxels were updated for A20.

Structural integrity goes all the way down in areas where blocks are dropping...and yet the cascade continues, pauses, continues, pauses, continues.

ndCUutD.jpg

I would report it as a potential bug, but don't add anything with a hint of custom features even though it is just a POI, based on a previous response for such a report.

I am guessing this is a function of the caves system under the snow than the snow itself.  Large caves underground will make the SI above very weak.  IN WW, this is a feature, it functions as yet another way to die 🙂  The solution is likely smaller caves on worldgen, or moving the caves under mountains only.  The cave system has many levels of caves, so its more like swiss cheese than stable underground.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

23 hours ago, arramus said:
22 hours ago, arramus said:

Structural integrity goes all the way down in areas where blocks are dropping...and yet the cascade continues, pauses, continues, pauses, continues.

ndCUutD.jpg

I would report it as a potential bug, but don't add anything with a hint of custom features even though it is just a POI, based on a previous response for such a report.

Hi, Arramus

+1 👍
That's it ... it is what happening...I thought this only happened with snow, coz the dirt don't reacts like snow, but the example given shows that it happens even with dirt. So it seems the blocks are managed on the same way...

after my tests without my "personal" mods added, this is what seemed to me the most plausible. Besides, I talk about it in my last post.

So, it would not be a problem due to any setting in the mod, but rather a potential bug of blocks management, as Arramus says.