Server Glitch/Crash A20.6

Tigersaber01

I am running a dedicated server on a spare PC. It ran fine with A20.5. I was even able to setup and launch modded versions of the server. Ran Undead Legacy, Darkness Falls, and just a lightly modded version of the vanilla server. I could launch any version and play for hours with no issues.

Then I wiped and formatted the drive and did a clean install of SteamCMD and the 7DtD server files. (Wanted to play the latest versions of DF and UL...)

Since then, the server has been unstable and throwing massive amounts of red codes during game play. We consistently get one red code at launch about Steam being an unknown platform.

The glitches start as soon as you log in. You immediately have a double toolbar, as if you were in Creative Mode or World Editor, but a couple slots of the toolbar don't work. They just eat anything placed there.

Player created storage items are all ticking time bombs. You never know when you might access one and then be unable to interact with anything else.

My settings and parameters are the same as they were for a20.5. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, validated multiple times on server and client, reinstalled Microsoft C++ Redistributables 2022, even tried modding the server. Gigglefairies HUD mod worked and eliminated the double toolbar, but none of the other mods worked on the server. Not even client side only mods.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Tomorrow I will try completely uninstalling the game from the client side and try a clean install there, but I'm certain the issue is server side. When I host the game on my PC instead of the server, everything works. Modded or not.

Any help or advice would be great. 

2 hours ago, Tigersaber01 said:

I didn't post in the bug report section because it seems from all of my searching that I am the only one having this issue. That makes the possibility/probability of user error much more likely, so I am reaching out to ensure I'm not doing something wrong.

That info on how to report an issue relates to every issue, even if it's not an actual bug.  No one can help you without having a log to look at.

Well, the main error (Index out of range) seems to be caused by an invalid item in someone's inventory (or a container).  This can happen if a non-vanilla item is in inventory or a container but is then removed, such as by removing the mod that created that item.  This may also relate to the other problems you're having.  If any mods are changed or removed in an active save, you're likely to have problems.  Maybe you know of something like this being done?  If so, you can probably add the mod back so that you can get find and get rid of whatever item(s) require that mod and then remove the mod after making sure those are all removed from every container or inventory.

Beyond that, maybe someone else can give you more advice.

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

Well, the main error (Index out of range) seems to be caused by an invalid item in someone's inventory (or a container).  This can happen if a non-vanilla item is in inventory or a container but is then removed, such as by removing the mod that created that item.  This may also relate to the other problems you're having.  If any mods are changed or removed in an active save, you're likely to have problems.  Maybe you know of something like this being done?  If so, you can probably add the mod back so that you can get find and get rid of whatever item(s) require that mod and then remove the mod after making sure those are all removed from every container or inventory.

Beyond that, maybe someone else can give you more advice.

Sadly, this is a fresh install (server side), no mods having been installed on server, or client. Brand new world, game, and save file. We have completely separate file folders for our modded games/worlds.

Ever since I reinstalled the server for a20.6 we have been getting a broken double toolbar, like you have in the world editor, except the middle slot of the top row is broken. It eats anything you place there. Could that cause the error?

Either way, I will wipe and format the drive, then do a fresh install again server side. I will also uninstall and reinstall the game client side, and try to find and delete any old game saves that could be lurking around.

11 hours ago, Tigersaber01 said:

Sadly, this is a fresh install (server side), no mods having been installed on server, or client. Brand new world, game, and save file. We have completely separate file folders for our modded games/worlds.

It's pulling modded data from somewhere.

2023-04-05T19:52:56 527.368 INF RequestToSpawnPlayer: 171, Dreke_Grimnour, 5
2023-04-05T19:52:56 527.449 INF Created player with id=171
2023-04-05T19:52:56 527.562 ERR Buff Class not found for 'buffscoringevent'

That's the start of your issues. So at a minimum this player data has stored cvars that do not exist in the Vanilla client.

33 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

It's pulling modded data from somewhere.

2023-04-05T19:52:56 527.368 INF RequestToSpawnPlayer: 171, Dreke_Grimnour, 5
2023-04-05T19:52:56 527.449 INF Created player with id=171
2023-04-05T19:52:56 527.562 ERR Buff Class not found for 'buffscoringevent'

That's the start of your issues. So at a minimum this player data has stored cvars that do not exist in the Vanilla client.

Do you think this could happen from setting the exp multiplier too high for vanilla?