Killing EXP & Blade trap

TSOC_yaya

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't hold my breath. TFP has never been about giving away free exp. You put resources and energy into your blade traps, so they give you exp. Same for your friend. 

Same reason you don't get exp by simply making a field of spikes for zeds to walk across and die on.

3 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. TFP has never been about giving away free exp. You put resources and energy into your blade traps, so they give you exp. Same for your friend. 

Same reason you don't get exp by simply making a field of spikes for zeds to walk across and die on.

At the same time, you do get to share experience from kills others make even when you're not there as long as you're within the radius that is set.  I don't see any reason sharing experience from electric trap kills is a bad thing as long as you have perked to get it.  No reason only the base builder gets experience from those and no reason everyone should need to place down some traps just to get the experience.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, emmafrost1 said:

There is a perk called Advanced Engineering that allows you to get experience from electrical traps, but this does not apply to blade traps.

Blade traps are affected by the Advanced Engineering perk and will give experience on kills to the player if they perk in to level 3 or higher.  Any trap considered electrical would give a player credit if they perk into Adv Engineering.

54 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Blade traps are affected by the

I'm quoting you just because I think you're people ... as in, I think we're witnessing my first encounter with a wild ChatGPT in the acc you're quoting. Just from the writing style, tbh.

2 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I'm quoting you just because I think you're people ... as in, I think we're witnessing my first encounter with a wild ChatGPT in the acc you're quoting. Just from the writing style, tbh.

Try this. Just tell them that everything they said is wrong. If they don't respond with some form of emo butthurt, then you have a bot.

5 minutes ago, Catdaddy said:

Try this. Just tell them that everything they said is wrong. If they don't respond with some form of emo butthurt, then you have a bot.

Heh, ye. But BFT already did, so, let's see :)

10 hours ago, theFlu said:

Well, at least I won't be getting any private messages threatening me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 6:41 AM, theFlu said:

You know, now that you mention it and I read it again, you are right.  It does sound eerily like a chatbot.  

But the real question would be why?  

8 hours ago, FA_Q2 said:

But the real question would be why?

That's a few questions tbh :)

"Why does it sound like a chatbot?" It was way too verbose for a human, and talking about the playerbase in terms of statistics. And I think it was pretty void of opinion. (There's plenty of "opinion" bleeding thru in those three sentences of mine above.. "tbh", "way" too verbose, "void of", and I didn't really try ... ) Now that it's gone, hard to say exactly.

"Why would someone do it" .. well, why not.. :) For sports is reason enough, of course someone might just be training their attack bot network in a context where no-one minds.. who knows.