Split stack no longer works.

optomatt

Jammed modifier keys? Shift, ctrl, alt .. sometimes one of those jams in a down state, especially when swapping programs. That messes some game up properly, haven't seen it in 7dtd though. It should resolve itself quickly, whenever you actually press the button again. But then again, win has had the notorious sticky-keys as a feature... :)

4 hours ago, chalaja805 said:

I've been running into this problem too. If I drag the stack to the bottom of my inventory I can split it, but if it's in the upper half, it sometimes brings up the [Open Codex] prompt. I only see it when I'm not solo/hosting.

If it pops open the console, you are seeing a fatal error then.  Without any log information nobody is going to be able to help you.

Most likely a mod issue if I were to guess, which is all anyone can do without logs.

Found out what is going on. For some reason my secondary button used for aiming bringing up the sites on weapons was 'V', somehow it is now my 'split stack' as well now. Very annoying, some update change in the last month? I haven't changed a key binding since way, way back. The last time it was required after some new beta was released.

Edited by optomatt (see edit history)

I have been playing at least a couple times a week for years and haven't had any issues with split stack, nor has there been an update for a good 6ish months aside from some twitch stuff, so it must be a change you made unintentionally.