Does your character eat better than you in real life

bobrpggamer

Mine does, I had some chili dogs not too long ago, but other than that and eggs and toast and grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, my guy eats way better than me.  Marie Calendar TV dinner does not count as a cooked meal.

I imagine most bachelors do not make to many fancy meals anyway, well at least I don't.

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)

I eat better. Cooking and nutrition is one of those things you have to invest the time and practice in. You gotta put those points into cooking.  The time investment isn't really all that large unless you're trying to cook 4* meals.  Plus, it's almost Spring in my part of the world so that means grilling season!

Edited by Urban Blackbear (see edit history)

2 hours ago, bobrpggamer said:

Does your character eat better than you in real life?

My character is either eating food out of a can, food found laying around in an apocalypse, or food they prepared hours or days ago.

I get more variety and my food is fresh and hot.

On 3/23/2023 at 8:40 AM, zztong said:

My character is either eating food out of a can, food found laying around in an apocalypse, or food they prepared hours or days ago.

You keep using that word food but I don't think it means what you think it means.

My characters initially eat just meat, eggs and bacon, and drink coffee. Eventually they move on stuff like stews once I get a farm going.

I probably ate like my early character late teens to late 20s. Then ate like my late game character one I was married and had to watch my weight more. So... kinda similar, but stretched out? 

Hmm, do we mean better as in more nutritious or as in more flavorful and varied? I miss chili dogs. In fact I miss chili. And I miss roast beef and good chocolate chip cookies. And tacos. Can seldom find a good potato for baking (in the microwave 'cause we don't have an oven).

However I can get the tastiest steamed dumplings around the corner from a street vendor. And awesome soups. Lots of weird vegetables. No problem getting fresh fruits either. And meat? Well, beef is really water buffalo (lest its frozen/imported), pork and chicken are usually fresh and the Peking-style duck is pretty good too. Oh, and there's lamb, which I don't cook but will eat when served on a stick (kebab-style). Then there's the mystery meat since ya can't be sure what animal it comes from (like the fat we cook with in 7DTD - off the road or a dead zombie?) - I stay clear of that part of the market.

But I cook a lot too. It's just that some flavors (bbq, chili, texmex, a good curry) I just haven't found the right ingredients for as of yet.  So yeah, my mouth does water when my character cooks up a chili dog. Dang, even the hotdogs taste different here. Lol.

But I can get Burger King, McD's, Pizza Hut. There's a Tim Horton's too but kinda far from the apartment.

So, my character doesn't eat better than me. My diet is much more varied.