Is Bare Knuckle Broken?

edyonline

Bare knuckle doesn’t benefit from Brawler perks in terms of damage. And now I spec’d into flurry, that doesn’t work either.

I just cleared hospital day one, with bare knuckles. I used leather knuckles after that but then did the first horde bare knuckle, because why not.

Then I respecced because bare knuckle was too slow for higher horde numbers. I went from Sex Rex/Brawler to Brawler/flurry. But my stamina isn’t working out now, and my fists don’t fly any faster. Hopefully I can make enough money to respec before next horde night.

All my damage comes from raw Fortitude and beers/buffs.

Bare knuckle works sort of with a strength hybrid. But not so well with an agility hybrid. Is this a bug, or is it intended?

4 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Flurry of Blows applies to all one handed weapons including knuckles but has no effect on your bare hands. Perks like Flurry of Blows or Sexual Tyrannosaurus only affect weapons, but your hands are not weapons.

Speak for yourself 

:D

9 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Flurry of Blows applies to all one handed weapons including knuckles but has no effect on your bare hands. Perks like Flurry of Blows or Sexual Tyrannosaurus only affect weapons, but your hands are not weapons.

That’s what I thought. But Bare Knuckle does benefit from Sex Rex. It’s how I was able to clear the hospital on day one. Otherwise I don’t have enough stamina to do it.

It seems odd that throwing bare hands would benefit from one perk, but not another. 

Tags from the bare hand weapon item

<property name="Tags" value="blunt,melee,grunting,light,perkFlurryOfBlows,attFortitude,perkBrawler"/>

So points in Fortitude, Flurry of Blows, and Brawler should improve bare knuckle fighting.  Easiest way to check is to max out Flurry of Blows and see if your attacks per minute increase by 25% and if you get a 30 stamina refresh if you kill a zombie with your hands only

I cleared the Hospital Day one with leather wraps.  The Brawler build is almost unbeatable late game.  It needs support from sex rex early game like all melee weapons and tools do, until you get fortitude and some other support perks (both inside and outside Fortitude) established.

GNS and Iz[rebuilt both have vids on the build.

20 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

I cleared the Hospital Day one with leather wraps.  The Brawler build is almost unbeatable late game.  It needs support from sex rex early game like all melee weapons and tools do, until you get fortitude and some other support perks (both inside and outside Fortitude) established.

GNS and Iz[rebuilt both have vids on the build.

Good on ya clearing the hospital.

Normal play throughs, I skip sex Rex altogether. I like to focus on 7/10 Fortitude and 4/5 Brawler before speccing other stats. The over top damage makes up for the stamina until I start going for flurry and get stamina from there.

Ill also stay buffed from food for stamina, even early game eating burnt meat as it helps a lot. And keep coffees and beers on my hot bar.

I also focus on getting the bike by day 2. And can usually get a motorbike by day 5 just questing. From there I’m pretty unstoppable. I don’t even need a base to punch out the first horde. So now I mostly play brawler on insane.