Is this intended? for Items to craft while game is closed in single player?

Scyris

I've been noticing for a while now that if you queue up a bunch of things to craft then exit the game, when you come back they will be done crafting, say if you had an hours worth of forged iron, you decided to take a break, close the game, come back an hour or 2 later, and even though the game was closed, when you come back that forged iron will be done crafting with 0 time passed in game. Apparently this has been around for a while, even as far back as a15 according to people I have talked to, I am curious is this is intended by the devs, or if this is some lonnnnng running bug that just doesn't seem to wanna get squished? I almost wanna say its intended because I cannot see TFP leaving something like this in the game for over 6+ years and still going. Not with how hard they clamp down on other exploits.

Many players prob take advantage of this and not even know it, as many people will queue up stuff to craft before they exit the game so they don't have to do it when they come back.

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

I gave it a try. Normal exit via menu, just to the startup menu. A20.6 b9

Inventory crafting works as expected, no extra crafting.

Forge & workbench both skipped time, crafting "instantly".

Have you tested by fully exiting out and coming back in? Wondering if that produces a different result.

3 minutes ago, Urban Blackbear said:

Have you tested by fully exiting out and coming back in? Wondering if that produces a different result.

Didn't find it worth the trouble. Now there are steps to repro, if someone wants to fix it, they'll likely figure out what else is broken while fixing it...