A20 Loot Randomizer

Gako21

Loot Randomizer

This mod, as the name suggests, randomizes the loot you get from about everywhere. Additionally, you can loot just about any block or item, most of which aren't even obtainable in vanilla. Not that they would usually really help you either. Qualities are also equal so the chances of finding a quality one M60 and a quality six one are the same no matter your progression in-game. As you can probably guess, this mod isn't balanced at all and will not work with mods that add new items or lootable blocks. I may add patches for mods if certain ones are requested a lot. This mod is again server-side, you can use it on your server without the clients having to download anything.

If you find any errors (items you loot giving errors, loot containers giving errors while looting them) or items that are completely useless, feel free to post about them and I'll consider them. This mod is still highly unstable, there is about no way for me to check that all the ~150 loot containers and ~3500 lootables work correctly. From my short testing things should be rather stable, but it could turn out to be a false impression. So it is not adviced to use this mod on a save you don't want to risk losing. At least create a back-up if you want to use this mod in your save.  Technically it should work on an existing save too, although it may affect player-placed containers when first installed. Just be careful with your saves and preferably start a new one for this mod.

Download the mod here!

This is certainly an interesting mod, and all the useless blocks you get makes it quite challenging indeed.  Though I do need to suggest removing the various "hands" from the loot tables, like the "meleeHand" and "ammoProjectiles" that the entities use.  The reason is because once those things are picked up from loot, they cannot be dropped, which clutters your inventory and makes it impossible to clear.

1 hour ago, CrypticGirl said:

This is certainly an interesting mod, and all the useless blocks you get makes it quite challenging indeed.  Though I do need to suggest removing the various "hands" from the loot tables, like the "meleeHand" and "ammoProjectiles" that the entities use.  The reason is because once those things are picked up from loot, they cannot be dropped, which clutters your inventory and makes it impossible to clear.

Thank you, I had this in my mind but somehow forgot to do it. Went ahead and removed those in addition to any "master" items (such as "ClothArmorMaster"), that should clear up some completely useless items.

Changes:

• Set all loot containers have from one to five different items in them.
  • Set all items to be in a stack of from one to a hundred. The items will still obey their stack sizes so there won't be multiple full stacks of the same item (unless that item rolls twice).

spacer.pngHello! I seem to of found a issue! If you relog on your world, it seems that every untouched container you loot, gives you the same items it would of previously gotten last time you played, in the same order! you can see there is 5 boxes of HP 7.62 ammo, when hours earlier, on my first night, I already found some, since it's already in my inventory.

On 3/1/2023 at 6:05 PM, Krey said:

spacer.pngHello! I seem to of found a issue! If you relog on your world, it seems that every untouched container you loot, gives you the same items it would of previously gotten last time you played, in the same order! you can see there is 5 boxes of HP 7.62 ammo, when hours earlier, on my first night, I already found some, since it's already in my inventory.

Correct. I noticed this same issue after a while in my own world. It seems to create the same items in loot and so far the fixes I've tried to implement haven't worked. I did, however, get told that this issue would be fixed in A21. So currently I'm thinking of a somewhat sensible solution that would randomize the loot more while not depending on the loot container too much.