The Implementation of New Character Models

VoidSeeker977

This is a Question for the team, I am VERY curious:

How will the Pimps implement the new character models for players?

Will they release the Character creator alongside the new Presets?

Or will they release the presets first, and then the Character Creator once its operational?

I assume its mostly like A22 or whenever the Bandits go live.

• 2 months later...

It’s not known yet and all their focus right now is getting A21 out the door. My gut tells me there is a good chance character customization will get the axe for this game and there will only be presets. But I could be wrong. 

Animals are way down the list. I think they will spend every moment for A22 on finishing the human characters in the game. 

I hope they won't spend time on customization. You play first person and your character is covered in armor or clothes anyway so you can't see a thing. The presets look absolutely amazing so I won't complain about non customizing

5 hours ago, VoidSeeker977 said:

With these new character models are there any plans to improve the third person perspective in the game?  I believe its left Alt?  the "change perspective button" making it feel less clunky?

It certainly didn't feel all that clunky last night when I got out of my 4x4 and the game suddenly switched to 3rd person as I exited and showed me fall over on my back and stand up before switching back to 1st person.  Of course, it did make my character look like a cluts. ;) 

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

It certainly didn't feel all that clunky last night when I got out of my 4x4 and the game suddenly switched to 3rd person as I exited and showed me fall over on my back and stand up before switching back to 1st person.  Of course, it did make my character look like a cluts. ;) 

Well there is a few second delay when you enter the vehicle before your character assumes the driving position, but no, i'm talking about the over the shoulder run around and shoot/chop things camera perspective.  (again there is an option under controls/keybinds for a change perspective option, its been awhile since i played around with it but its something along those lines)

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Again, it is unknown whether they will decide to polish up the 3rd person perspective and make it a full option or whether they will drop it. Probably depends on time.

I hope they keep it, and rework it, it'd be a great way to capitalize on all the hard work that went into the new character models (cause they look AMAZING!)

Alternatively they could simply add a "Vanity Camera" like what Conan Exiles has that lets you zoom out and orbit your character (would probably be simpler then a third person rework) 😛

As you said though time will tell and its entirely up to the devs

3 minutes ago, VoidSeeker977 said:

Well there is a few second delay when you enter the vehicle before your character assumes the driving position, but no, i'm talking about the over the shoulder run around and shoot/chop things camera perspective.  (again there is an option under controls/keybinds for a change perspective option, its been awhile since i played around with it but its something along those lines)

I was referring to getting out, not in.  I know the delay when getting in and don't even notice it most of the time.  This was something I had never seen.  Anyhow, it was just a laugh about perspectives in the game.  I wasn't discounting your question.