Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

On 10/16/2023 at 3:15 PM, Par_A said:

Hi folks,

I'm making an 8k map in Teragon. I'm starting with the heightmap, biome map, and road map (splat3) from a previous 10 k A20 game. I scaled it down to 8k in GIMP.

My goal is to start with the terrain, biomes, and roads I created before, build the map from those, and then let Teragon populate it. As I understand the docs, it will avoid placing pois on existing roads.

I hope to import the splat3 file before it does the town building. "Import Road Map" comes just before "Create Towns" in the que. The heightmap and biome map import just fine. However, when the que gets to "Import Road Map," Teragon either quits or sits there with 'processing roads' stuck at 3% forever, until I quit the app.

Any ideas most welcome.

Generally speaking, a problem improving a heightmap is usually caused by one of the following:

* Wrong size (must match the map size exactly)

* Missing alpha channel (this is what makes it appear blank in gimp if you don't hide it when in gimp)

* Wrong bit depth

* Corrupted file

As far as Discord and privacy, keep in mind that your phone number and email are already public info, so it isn't helping your privacy any to avoid sharing them.  If you use an unlisted phone number, that is different, of course.

And like Pille showed, Teragon Discord doesn't require a phone number and an email is easy to set up a fake one to use for verification.

Riamus

Riamus

On 10/16/2023 at 3:15 PM, Par_A said:

Hi folks,

I'm making an 8k map in Teragon. I'm starting with the heightmap, biome map, and road map (splat3) from a previous 10 k A20 game. I scaled it down to 8k in GIMP.

My goal is to start with the terrain, biomes, and roads I created before, build the map from those, and then let Teragon populate it. As I understand the docs, it will avoid placing pois on existing roads.

I hope to import the splat3 file before it does the town building. "Import Road Map" comes just before "Create Towns" in the que. The heightmap and biome map import just fine. However, when the que gets to "Import Road Map," Teragon either quits or sits there with 'processing roads' stuck at 3% forever, until I quit the app.

Any ideas most welcome.

Generally speaking, a problem improving a heightmap is usually caused by one of the following:

* Wrong size (must match the map size exactly)

* Missing alpha channel (this is what makes it appear blank in gimp if you don't hide it when in gimp)

* Wrong bit depth

* Corrupted file

As far as Discord and privacy, keep in mind that your phone number and email are already public info, so it isn't helping your privacy any to avoid sharing them.  If you use an unlisted phone number, that is different, of course.