Graphics Quality suffers on multi player. See attached picture.

J71rivera

This is most likely a result of your system being a bit overloaded handling multiplayer, and the dynamic resolution setting being enabled.

Unfortunately, you didn't follow the instructions for reporting an issue, so I can only kind of make an educated guess.

Read this. Do the needful.

I checked both the directory i created for this moded version and the %appdata% folder listed here and no log files for last night matter fact last log file in appdata was from 1/16

I had created a new map. rebooted my computer. All images are fine when its just me in soon as he joins we got issues. I did see my 32 gigs ram was at 81% usage (Google Chrome lol)   cpu 30%  gpu 30%. Dynamic mesh is set to no. Not sure where Dynamic Resolution would be. Not sure why this would affect the other guy too the same way. He plays on his own computer and graphics are fine joins mine and he sees those boxes the messed up way.  They won't change for me till he joins.  

I luanch it via C:\7dtdNGS\7DaysToDie.exe 

Sorry just thought amd 3800x 32 gigs ram. 3070 nvidia. 

Found Dynamic Rsolution mode and it was set to off already.  thing im curious about is how can my computer running ingame server. not the stand alone server.  affect both mine and his graphics? 

Edited by J71rivera (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Fox said:

ssd or hdd? And Dynamic Resolution is in game settings. And close chrome... what reason could there possibly be for keeping it open with that many tabs and junk running in the background?

I agree with this, don't run anything in the background if you're doing multiplayer.

nope no piracy. I dont mod my original in the common folder.  i want to be able to play and upgrade with 21 comes out. i coped that 7days folder and i run the moded versions in thier own folder.  Only one i was forced to modify was to put the compo pack in the original appdata 7days folder. but seems to play ok with eac on normal so im ok with that. 

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. So you modded the game and are now having issues playing online. Can you see the possible problem yet?

We can't really give much support for a modded game as some mods break things or fight other mods or just kill the game performance in general... so try without mods and see if the problem persists.

I triple checked and dynamic resolution is off. but now i changed the link to my wow version of 7days to C:\7dtdNGS\7dLauncher.exe I turned off eac there. and now i should be able to get a log. well i hope. 

Well to play war of the walkers you have to mod a version of the game. But yes. its a moded thought for sure i was in the right forum for that sorry if i was not. but since i dont want to mess up my original game and have to redownload from steam I copyied its folder and added the mods. but ok sorry for using the wrong forum. 

You can just add an argument to your startup shortcut.  That's what I do because my live Steam version is a21, I have a20 running from a separate folder.

"D:\Games\SteamGames\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die - 20.6\7DaysToDie_EAC.exe" -UserDataFolder=D:\SaveGames\a20 -logfile "D:\SaveGames\a20\Logs\log.txt"

The UserDataFolder argument keeps my saves and mods separate, and the logfile argument tells it where to write the file.  File will be replaced every time you start the client, so be aware of that.