POI Sleeper respawn timer

euclid

After reading various different claims I've decided to test it myself.

Flipped (think this is the  common  notion for it) a nice house near a lake. After killing all sleepers there,  slightly changed the inner layout, upgraded the block materials, painted and refurbished it, placed a nice fence around and placed the land claim block and the bed.

Then I left the house, moved to my BM base about 2Km away and backup'd the saved game. Then I've used the console to advance time by 5, 7*, 30 and 60 days, always starting from the backup'd saved game. No sleeper respawn. Now I could continue but it's a tad boring and thought it's better to ask here for advise/clarification.

So, is my test flawed, did I miss something?

*(7 days because I read somewhere that the respawn time is connected to the loot respawn which is 7 days in my game).

Cheers Euclid

13 minutes ago, euclid said:

placed the land claim block and the bed.

Well, for one, an active land claim and/or bed will prevent spawns.

And I wouldn't expect the spawns to work completely right with modified interiors, one would probably block a spawn point or two.

So.. if you're trying to emulate a land claim protected POI out there, I think you've reached the right conclusion, nothing will spawn there... :)

But if you want to see when the spawns occur, just clear one and don't touch it otherwise, then come back after the loot respawn timer has expired.

Not sure if console time settings respawn things properly, some of the timed things are .. weird. Can't see why it wouldn't, buuuut..

Thanks for the fast feedback 🙂

Appreciate the confirmation.  There is so much misinformation out there 😉

And yes, you are right, I should test it the other way round, i.e. clear a POI, leave and advance time to the loot respawn setting. Then repeat the entire test with only a bedroll and  then again with only an LCB.

Cheers Euclid

Update:

Loot respawn works fine, in my case every 7 days but the sleeper respawn seems to be somewhat random.  Either there is a random deviation (like the BM range) or you are right with your "buuuut..."  and advancing time via console has/can have a different effect than real in-game time.

I've did several reloads and sleeper respawned earliest 24 days later, latest 43 days later. Got bored testing :p

Cheers Euclid

I believe the default is five days. Also note that messing with the settime command has a very strong chance of breaking or messing with any active game timers.

I seem to recall it being discussed that the zed respawn would be set to the same as the loot respawn. However, I cannot honestly confirm if it was a20 or a21 dev diary discussion, or if it was just some other discussion I had with a modder.

I've removed the LCB and just left the bedroll  then  used st to advance 7 days,  no respawns. Same test without bedroll and 7 days later the sleeper are back.  And yes, could be the use of st but I'll know soon. LCB is now gone (bedroll still there) for 3 real in-game days.

Cheers Euclid