Decided to play again after years and need help finding POI mods

Eloc Freidon

I haven't played in years and decided to get back into this game. Seems a lot has changed.

Anyone know where I can find POI packs? The search has only shown mod bundles with a bunch of other complicated featuews. I only need POI bundles since vanilla game is fine aside from the low variety of POIs.

10 hours ago, Eloc Freidon said:

Anyone know where I can find POI packs? The search has only shown mod bundles with a bunch of other complicated featuews. I only need POI bundles since vanilla game is fine aside from the low variety of POIs.

I suggest checking out the various discussions under the "Prefabs" part of these forums. Another place I like to look is "Prefabs" list on Nexus Mods:

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/categories/7/

There are a variety of "Sort by" options. By default it shows the most recently contributions, which is cool, but overlooks packs of Prefabs that are getting updated. However you choose to sort the list, I suggest looking at the "last update" information to find Prefabs that have been addressed in the last 15 months or that otherwise mention A20 in the description. Otherwise you're likely to get a Prefab for an older version of the game with missing blocks and other issues.

Another issue you'll face is where the creator wanted you to install the custom Prefab(s). Some creators just give you the POI files and expect you to put them in your LocalPrefabs folder. Other creators will give you a modlet and expect you to put it in your Mods folder.

In some rare cases, you might find a POI modlet is available via Mod Launcher.