Lost droids, only thing listed in the output_log is drones.dat

stueck0514

Hey guys

I seem to have lost my droid. I cannot find it in the output_log like you can with vehicles. The only thing in the entire log with drone is mentioning of a filepath to drone.dat

When I open up drone.dat, it is just jibberish. Is there any way to find my drone? I have a few laying around but I am at max deployed?

Thank you

17 hours ago, Riamus said:

If you bring up the console (F1), you can type le (listents) and it should show the location of the drone.  It may be underground as sometimes happens when they get lost, so you may need to use god mode or dig to retrieve it.

I will try it. I have the list in the output logs but it isn't showing in there.

8 minutes ago, stueck0514 said:

I will try it. I have the list in the output logs but it isn't showing in there.

Yeah, drones don't show position very often in the logs the way vehicles do.  I don't know why.  If you are lucky, you might see it in a longer play session log, but it is uncommon to see without listing the entities.

You're positive that isn't yours?  If it doesn't show there, that is odd.  You can try to teleport yourself (or have an admin do it if you can't) and see if the drone appears as I've heard happens.  There is a command to remove ownership of drones so you can get another, but I believe it would affect everyone.  Might be okay if you can get everyone to pick up their drone and then use the command (clearjd), but I don't know that for certain.  Otherwise, maybe someone else has a suggestion.