Leaving rendering area removes stability

euclid

Hi All,

I'm new to this game but love building stuff.  Problem is that sometimes the game seems to forget the stability of an existing building but maybe it's just my noob understanding:

I've build a 200m long path of solid steel reaching down to the rockbed. Initial stability shows all in green.  Now I left the area to return to my homebase (some 100m away) and left the game.  After restarting and continue playing I've moved back to that previously built path and upon stepping on it all collapsed 😞

I had the saved game backuped so using the backup save and entering the game, I immediately switched to god mode, turned physics off and check the stability of the above mentioned path: It showed in black! After recalculating stability it tuned green again but only as far as it was rendered. Moving along the path I had recalculate stability several times.

That happens now every time I start the game. Is there a limitation I've missed? Appreciate your help.

Cheers Euclid

Can you clarify what you built?  It sounds like the entire 200m goes to bedrock, but that couldn't collapse.  What's the distance between any of the vertical supports that go all the way down to bedrock?  If the entire path goes to bedrock, there shouldn't be any collapse and it sounds like a bug.  Maybe a screenshot could help.

There is a certain distance between vertical supports relating to stability that varies depending on material, but that is only used when it isn't solid ground/support all the way to bedrock.

Sorry for the late reply but atm I'm hooked to this game. After building a new base I've survived my 1st Blood Moon encounter :D

I've avoided the said area and built a base in the western part of the map. Now I returned (with physics off) expecting to see a lot of black cubes but to my surprise everything showed green.  Not sure what happened. I've been  trying to reproduce this stability issue but so far I've failed..

Since I seem to be the only one having encountered this phenomenon, I may have been just too tired and missed something fundamental. However, if it happens again I will attempt to document it (screenshots etc.).

Cheers Euclid