Mining Lanterns Will not turn on

bobrpggamer

21 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

POI lights can only be activated when you are in the POI editor. 

I had lanterns working in A19.

Why on earth would the perk state you can craft lanterns when they do not turn on, and why is it that by holding "E" it gives the option to turn off and on?

The Art of Mining, Vol. 7:

Learn how to craft lanterns, mining hats, and helmet light mods

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)

36 minutes ago, bobrpggamer said:

I had lanterns working in A19.

Why on earth would the perk state you can craft lanterns when they do not turn on, and why is it that by holding "E" it gives the option to turn off and on?

The Art of Mining, Vol. 7:

Learn how to craft lanterns, mining hats, and helmet light mods

Those craftable lanterns light up when placed. There is no turning them on or off. You place it and it's lit. You use E to pick it up.

If it isn't turning on when you place a crafted lantern, then something is wrong with your client files, or you have a conflicting mod.  The lanterns that you place and use E to turn on/off should only be available through the creative menu in the Vanilla game.

10 hours ago, bobrpggamer said:

I have this mod:

It may be this.

EDIT: I just tried the lantern without the mod and it worked. Too bad though, I was really looking forward to custom lamps.

We don't support mods for troubleshooting. If you're going to come out here and complain something is broken, and it is not part of the Vanilla game experience, then you are the problem. Not the game.

4 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

We don't support mods for troubleshooting. If you're going to come out here and complain something is broken, and it is not part of the Vanilla game experience, then you are the problem. Not the game.

Well I did not know at first it was the mod. Sorry about that.