Suggestion / Request

DANKe_

Hello,

i would like to see a feature (or mod) that disables that unnatural zoom anytime we aim with the weapons.

I understand that the mechanic is meant for easier target aquisition at longer ranges, but just like with the crosshairs, some people prefer to play without it.

I've searched on nexus for such mod but found nothing.

50 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

So..........don't use it? You do realize you are choosing to zoom by right click aiming instead of left click correct? Stop doing that.

Aiming down the sights isn't their issue. It's the artificial zoom that occurs when the player does so. When you look down the sights of a gun in real life, does your vision magically zoom in? And telling someone to not use a basic FPS function because they don't like the way it behaves is odd. They're simply reaching out to see if there's a way to mod it.

@DANKe_ I'm not a modder myself (aside from some small changes I've made on my own), but having a brief look at the xml, there is a property called "ScopeCameraOffset" on all weapons that might be dictating the artificial zoom. I haven't tested it myself and can't do so until I'm out of work, but commenting out that line for a weapon might be a quick way to see if that is the case.

However, TFP are highly unlikely to change this behavior so your best bet is to repost this request in the mod forum here: https://community.7daystodie.com/forum/40-discussion-and-requests/ There are plenty of talented modders there that can probably tell you quickly if this is possible.

Edited by Syphon583 (see edit history)