Boom

OK folks I will keep this short and to the point as this just happened less than a minute  ago. Yes I am PI**ed and very annoyed.

Talking to Hugh in his compound, we both fell through the World, I landed on a mine and died.  If it was a death on me then I would just start again, but it was not.

The woes of playing alpha games.  Sounds like you are dead is dead player and I can relate as one myself it is insanely annoying when that death is a bug rather than genuine.

It happens very rarely in this game though.  There are surprisingly few bugs for a game in open development.

Cheers guys. A bit more of a moan, again this has just happened.

Zeds crouching in an open field and in a clear corridor with a few blocks clearance above the head. Or, they are walking towards you and have a spear stabbing at their face, just to give them extra noses and as you stab at them they suddenly crouch.

Cleared an area up stairs, got rid of the firsdt three lot. Cleared that first floor. OK, only the attic to clear. A load of zeds there, run away, went to the cleared floor, only to be met with skeletor.

Another one, only minor this one. You get hit on the leg by a crawler and your is either broken or sprained. Unless my biology is a bit off and they have replaced your lef with your arm and etc.

I have been hit by a zed through a wall before now.

Yes yes I know it is in Alpha, I will say nothing that has not been said before.

15 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

For those that play DiD, do you count those as deaths and restart, or do you continue on and count that one as a glitch death?  I’ve done both, but typically it was for when a bear glitched into my area through a 1 block hole - so not very often

If it is my fault, I leave it be.

If the game is at fault, I then rage quite, walk away with me saying something like. No wait, I will not say what I said as it could make a sailor blush.

But for me, one of the worse things is the crouch mechanic when there is no need for it. It is as though they have just discovered that mechanic and they are using at every opportunity<sp?>

Edited by Phil (see edit history)

15 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

For those that play DiD, do you count those as deaths and restart, or do you continue on and count that one as a glitch death?  I’ve done both, but typically it was for when a bear glitched into my area through a 1 block hole - so not very often

I honestly try to continue on but it annoys me so damn much and deflates the playthrough for me that I end up just abandoning the game.

15 hours ago, Star69 said:

I start over still, whether a bug or my stupid mistake. I just can't take seeing a 1 under my deaths. I really feel for @Phil though as I get quite ticked off when a bug gets me, even more than when my own error causes my death.

This.  Exactly.

Oh those annoying ticks we cant get rid of :D

I have plenty more of them especially ranged weapon ammo going through a zed. That is a good  which I have filed a bug report just now. Oh the deep joys of alpha software that is coming up to 10 years old soon

Collision detection and clipping has been a problem has long been a problem in first person shooters. 7d2d does seem to have it worse than most, but I suspect that having destroyable voxels - especially partial blocks and blocks which are passable by certain items (e.g. shooting through bars) makes it even more complex.

As a DiD, I restart when I screw up, I have a thread on that :).  That includes not paying attention to the game's current state of affairs.  Now, if it just "booms" and I am at the menu or freeze deaths, I.e. game freezes and I am at the respawn 'cause I got kilt then I reload the save, I dont press the current state.