If you were stranded on a deserted island

bobrpggamer

1) What Movie (including all sequels)?

2) TV Show (complete series)?

3) CD discography of certain band?

4) Video Game, including all mods and all patches and releases (computer and console)?

1,2 and 3 would take too much thinking for me.

4) would be 7 days (including the previous alphas that are still available and all mods available)

It is simply too playable after a year or two from it. Last time I played it was 2020 and I waited for a stable A20 and I am really addicted again. There is too much customization to choose from.

I sound like a fanboy I know.

Also try not too take the idea of having unlimited electricity on a deserted island too seriously.

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)

• bobrpggamer changed the title to If you were stranded on a deserted island
13 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Hmm...

1) Castaway

2) Lost

3) I dunno.. Blue Öyster Cult?

4) Raft, of course

:)

Blue Oyster Cult eh. You must be around my age and looking at Senior discounts about now.

I could live with that, "Blue Oyster Cult" 1972  to "The Revölution by Night" 1983. The others can just be album filler to balance the playlist.

13 minutes ago, bobrpggamer said:

You must be around my age and looking at Senior discounts about now.

Weell.. not exactly. If you look at my replies as a whole, I limited myself to the island theme. The music was kinda hard to come up with, BÖC was the only thing that actually came to mind that would somehow match. They're all right, though, so I'm not ashamed of having put them there, but I am roughly of "the following generation"... :)

14 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Weell.. not exactly. If you look at my replies as a whole, I limited myself to the island theme. The music was kinda hard to come up with, BÖC was the only thing that actually came to mind that would somehow match. They're all right, though, so I'm not ashamed of having put them there, but I am roughly of "the following generation"... :)

How about the Beachboys then.

You must know something about BOC with the Ö you typed, either that or the lyrics of "The Subhuman" came to mind and then you would really know the band.

Most people only think "Don't Fear the Reaper" or "Burning for You", not typically "The Subhuman", which was amazing live on the "On Your Feet or On Your Knees" live album.

1) The Lord of the Rings stuff.

2) Survivor Man

3) Genesis (along with everyone's solo stuff) 

4) 7DtD....that's a given

Lol...before my screen had scrolled to the end of your post I was wondering "how am I gonna power all that?". 

I can really get a senior discount on a deserted island? What a concept.

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

5 hours ago, bobrpggamer said:

4) Video Game, including all mods and all patches and releases (computer and console)?

1) is hard, could be star trek, was considering star wars but only 3 are worth rewatching, new hope, empire and jedi, rest big nope

2) everything by Sir Dvid Attenborough

3) ELO

4) 7days or factorio

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Sorry if you were stranded on a deserted island, how would you have electricity for 1,2,3, & 4  🤔

You do not need to overthink it, just what of 4 things that most people love would you pick if you had to pick one.

Maybe on a space station for 10 years, and had to pick your favorite favorites to take along.

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Hello - Engineer here 😀

Lol. Engineer here too. But being a whole-brainer, I see anything as possible provided I can secure the funding  to implement/develop the concept . 🤯

It's worked well thus far. My contraptions are still producing widgets. Didn't make me rich. That's where I messed up...🤓 A lot of fun along the journey though.

1) BTTF (I was at first tempted to put the MCU here ((those all technically counts as sequels to each other, right)) but the problem with that is you'd never be able to recapture that feeling of seeing those for the first time, especially as someone who never read the comics. So I had to go with something that was undoubtedly, endlessly rewatchable. BTTF is just that for me)

2) Seinfeld (again, for me, endlessly rewatchable and entertaining)

3) John Williams - if I had to narrow it down, everything he did for SW (I had Metallica down initially, and while I think I would be perfectly happy with that, I don't think anyone on this earth could argue that John Williams' scores for every SW movie was anything short of genius)

4) 7DTD (seems like a cop out here, but honestly, if I'm going to be stuck playing the same game over and over, why not choose one that mixes action with creativity? And if all the mods are included, that just adds to the replayability)

I think I made up my mind on a few:

1) J. R. R. Tolkien, all content but with Peter Jackson mainly - he would have made J. R. R. Tolkien very proud, in my mind.

2) Maybe Red Dwarf, Maybe.

3) Possibly Monster Magnet or the Cure - Monster Magnet for the diversity in their songs and The Cure for their perfect melancholy / hopeless romantic thing they have going.

4) Still 7 Days to Die.

Star Trek

Star Trek the next generation

Moody Blues

4) Video Game, including all mods and all patches and releases (computer and console 

7 Days to die

On 12/12/2022 at 11:57 PM, bobrpggamer said:

All the Middle Earth Movies.

Although SWars is a really closed second, more like 1A and 1B.

StarTrek

Hmmm, mine is more a genre sorta thing...but if I am pushed to a band, Queen.  Otherwise a '80s phenomenon (genre) known as "Latin Disco"

Original SWGalaxies, you never forget your first :)