Powered roll up doors in A20 Question

bobrpggamer

It's more HP, but can entertain triple the crowd. As more zeds are beating on the same block, the faster it'll fall.

Plus their breaking is a little catastrophic, one block and you have a whole highway to you; with steel blocks, they'll have to break two blocks to open a proper path, two steel is 20k HP already.

10 hours ago, theFlu said:

It's more HP, but can entertain triple the crowd. As more zeds are beating on the same block, the faster it'll fall.

Plus their breaking is a little catastrophic, one block and you have a whole highway to you; with steel blocks, they'll have to break two blocks to open a proper path, two steel is 20k HP already.

The thing I was hoping for, was for the zeds to be drawn to the door instead of the walls, but I had no idea two steel blocks is 20,000, I thought it was 7,000 x 2 and being at the same 14,000 that the door was.

My plan was 2 steel block walls and then the roll up door, as I would have a trap door behind two steel walls that I did not want the them getting to.

Thank you for replying.

11 hours ago, theFlu said:

Unless they start crawling, which many of them will do for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, Old Crow said:

Unless they start crawling, which many of them will do for no apparent reason.

Unless you have a high wall. If you don't they will also go over the wall by stepping on each others shoulders, but in that case they are easy to snipe head shots as they poke their heads over a 3 high wall.

Also, I meant 2 "thick" / five "high" steel walls not 2 "high" walls, that would not work do to their hopping on each others shoulder to easily and over the wall . I always have 3 high walls to start my temp base.

And yes, I do exploit their degree in engineering (finding a block that has 1 HP less than another one right next to it) by leaving 2 lesser material blocks 2 high, to have easy paths for me to defend myself, and guilt free I might add.

On 12/11/2022 at 1:29 PM, bobrpggamer said:

Unless you have a high wall. If you don't they will also go over the wall by stepping on each others shoulders, but in that case they are easy to snipe head shots as they poke their heads over a 3 high wall.

Also, I meant 2 "thick" / five "high" steel walls not 2 "high" walls, that would not work do to their hopping on each others shoulder to easily and over the wall . I always have 3 high walls to start my temp base.

And yes, I do exploit their degree in engineering (finding a block that has 1 HP less than another one right next to it) by leaving 2 lesser material blocks 2 high, to have easy paths for me to defend myself, and guilt free I might add.

About mid-game I'll have concrete walls 5 high, except one place. Yep, just need one block of cobblestone on the second row. That's where the zeds go and punch. Head shots!  Later one can have upgraded to steel all around, and place a single strength vault door to do the same thing. Zeds must have been graduates of Social Engineering rather than the the real thing. Lol.

However, if I try to repurpose an existing poi, they seem to remember where a door was (I bricked it up). Headshots again.

I'm not a fan of double thick walls, because I can't from the inside see the damage, so its kind of a false sense of security. But, since I have to go outside to effect repairs anyway (can't get to the corner blocks from inside) it's probably a toss-up. We all have our spin on how to play.

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Melange said:

About mid-game I'll have concrete walls 5 high, except one place. Yep, just need one block of cobblestone on the second row. That's where the zeds go and punch. Head shots!  Later one can have upgraded to steel all around, and place a single strength vault door to do the same thing. Zeds must have been graduates of Social Engineering rather than the the real thing. Lol.

However, if I try to repurpose an existing poi, they seem to remember where a door was (I bricked it up). Headshots again.

I'm not a fan of double thick walls, because I can't from the inside see the damage, so its kind of a false sense of security. But, since I have to go outside to effect repairs anyway (can't get to the corner blocks from inside) it's probably a toss-up. We all have our spin on how to play.

Yeah, the double walls are meant for the demolisher, and really nothing else. The platform of my end base will be also two thick down concrete of which is really only needed to keep the demolsher from making tunnels under the base - which I hate - and taking apart the foundation as well of my center of operations (where all my stuff is).

I always have catwalks around the base, two in each corner and one in the middle, that stick out 5 blocks or more two get a look at where they are on the outside of the walls, but yeah they are not easy to shoot when they have made a hole one block in on a two wall base. Then you have to have good aim or use exploding crossbow bolts and/or molitovs in the hole they made. Here is the way I use catwalks to see what they are doing: