steel powered garage door

Terro

47 minutes ago, Melange said:

Open the door for me only. Whilst I am in the driver seat. I haven' figured that scenario out

Well, now that you said that, I went and checked my game - I wasn't sure if the "self" setting of the motion sensor would recognize the vehicle. Seeing the vehicle instead of the player would be a plausible source for issues, but I'm happy to report it seemed to work fine. Solo game, so the vehicle was placed by me - who knows, ownership might matter... :)

1 minute ago, theFlu said:

Well, now that you said that, I went and checked my game - I wasn't sure if the "self" setting of the motion sensor would recognize the vehicle. Seeing the vehicle instead of the player would be a plausible source for issues, but I'm happy to report it seemed to work fine. Solo game, so the vehicle was placed by me - who knows, ownership might matter... :)

Yeah, I've been remiss on this thread. I've not re-tested anything. What i desire is the door to open for me, me only. Yes, trip wires and the plates do work, but for the enemy also. Guess I wasn't clear enough with my intent.

We'll progress. Or we'll continue to put our vehicle in our pocket as we ascend the ladder.

21 minutes ago, Melange said:

Yeah, I've been remiss on this thread. I've not re-tested anything. What i desire is the door to open for me, me only. Yes, trip wires and the plates do work, but for the enemy also. Guess I wasn't clear enough with my intent.

We'll progress. Or we'll continue to put our vehicle in our pocket as we ascend the ladder.

Yer good. thanks for the input. Lolz. They dropped all covid testing here as of yesterday. I'll still wear a mask. 

ok so i made something and tried to paste it as reply but its saying its spam.. is it the part of the excel im pasting thats seen as spam or the fact that its a long reply..

gonna try to post in 2 parts i guess. hope it works

[UAS2]      
  [AS5] [L_DOOR1] [L_DOOR2] [L_DOOR3] [AS4]  

(BASE) DRIVE OUT--->>>
[AS6]       [AS3]
<<<---(OUTSIDE) DRIVE IN

[AS1} [R_DOOR1] [R_DOOR2] [R_DOOR3] [AS2]  
      [UAS1]      

[GEN]        

((TERRO'S HORIZONTAL 2x3 STEEL GARAGE DOOR POWERED BUILD.. for 15long 5wide underground entrance))
***Only problem with it is if someone goes in without exiting before another person enters.. the doors open+close+open instead of just open for the 2nd person coming in.
***So perfect for 1player, but with multiple players just make sure u dont speeddrive in cus if someone arrived and hasnt exited yet ur gonna get an open+close+open door.
***For the ramp, i dunno im into electricity now.. had the ramp working but not electricity.. was combo of wedges/narrow wedges/ramps or something
/////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
////////THE BUILD\\\\\\\\
/////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
1)---GENERATOR with max engines for 300w.. overkill.. So could put lights or even more doors. I will stay 2x3doors, downsize door generator and lights will be a seperate generator.
2)---MOTION SENSORS---
--ACTIVE MOTION SENSORS--
powerdelay=5sec 
power duration=triggered
(toggles power from on to off, or off to on)
--UNACTIVE MOTION SENSORS--
powerdelay=5sec 
power duration=always
(always just keeps the current going, its a sensor thats pointing down to not trigger anyways. I put delay 5sec, dont know why but did some testing and this worked)
Active sensors 3+6 are unnecessary and need optimalization, but do not hinder this build or can just be removed/bypassed if unwanted, but i want to expand on this as a failsafe for slow drivers/walkers or even if adding more doors.
Unactive sensors are just there as a cable point to extend the full sensor_only circuit, point these down or make sure they see nothing.
Ty for looking,
Terro Opress

If you have any ideas or improvements feel free to add to comments

ok so i pasted the excel first then the written text and the forum automatically merged them.. while when i tied to paste it in one go it said it cancelled cus might be spam..

ok its long but hope it helps someone. Nice entrance for an underground base or something.

Finally finished my underground base build after getting the entrance doors working..

Here's what it looks like. Was a monster build project, but im loving the end product.

Maybe someone gets some ideas for their own base from it.

(everything except the top entrance level is to scale with 1 square = 1 building block)

The parking (middle) level works, but be careful adjusting cus it could easily get stability issues.

image.thumb.png.b54d18898f2d46fdb78aafc9d410b9fc.png

🤠Gonna try this again. I laid down a few sentences when the whole site took a bow. Grrr.

Nice work. I have usually 18 to 21 crates on my left, and 2 for metals and concrete on my right. Never was a Jay Leno, had at most a motorcycle and maybe a 4x4, so didn't consider parking as a priority. Nice base.

On 12/9/2022 at 6:09 AM, Melange said:

One thing I thought I would mention regarding using the camera to open the door for you while driving a vehicle...

In some vehicles, like the 4x4, you sit back a ways from the front.  The camera will trigger when it see you.  I don't believe it triggers on the actual vehicle.  This may require aiming the camera further away from the door than you would if you were not going to drive in.  If you were having trouble getting it to work while in the vehicle, that may be why.

-------

I tried it the door as shown in the video.  It works well enough, but unfortunately, you end up with a gap between the two doors or else the two doors overlap.  Still looks good and works well, though I doubt I'd do this again without being able to properly lay the doors on their side so they work "normally".