Hide or otherwise remove the Alpha Version (e.g. "Alpha 20.6(b5)") in Top Right corner?

NewLoftus

• 1 month later...

It's important for the devs to have that build number displayed at all times while the game is in development. That way any time someone has a screenshot of a problem, there's no ambiguity of what build they were playing. So I'd say it's hard to change on purpose. But I can also understand the desire to remove it - sorry I can't help you there.

Don't get me started on 10 years in Alpha lol. I'd like to see some roadmap for going released. I guess that Alpha is some sort of strategy for TFP?

Anyway, the ability to turn off glaring/useless text on my screen shouldn't be this difficult. No point in discussing since the interwebs will just reply with "don't play it then".

23 hours ago, NewLoftus said:

Don't get me started on 10 years in Alpha lol.

Next year will be 10. This year is still nine. You need to wait until next summer to start making that claim.

If you could edit it out, it would likely be something inside the assets to edit. Kind of like editing crosshairs if I had to guess.

I am curious as to why it's such a bother for you.

11 minutes ago, NewLoftus said:

Unnecessary OLED burn-in.

That isn't likely to be an issue unless you have a first-gen OLED display. Besides, you would have the same worry with other UI elements with the toolbar, ect. 

Modern displays have a number of built-in preventative measures, and there is other maintenance you can do to prevent it as well. 

Unless you literally have the game up 12+ hours a day, every day, for months on end, you don't have a lot to worry about.

Image retention is more common, but it's something that should pass after a very short period of time.

I have determined how to turn all other UI elements off or only have then come on when needed. Toolbar, buffs, food/health - it all fades in 5 seconds unless there is an exception. So, I have managed to sort this out for everything except the silly version number.

<boggle> Unfortunately, hiding the UI doesn't do anything besides break the game so is only good for screenshots! </boggle> I appreciate the input, but I'd like a clean UI.

I'd pay someone to program it out for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is your "little mod." Just extract and dump the mod into the Mods folder.

Complied version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AvV2m6j9mPg-izP2TkFgnTqXOJUZqw8K

Source:

public class PeskyVersion : IModApi
{
    public void InitMod(Mod _modInstance)
    {
        Log.Out("[PeskyVersion] Getting rid of that pesky version label. . .");

NGUIWindowManager nGUIWindowManager = UnityEngine.Object.FindObjectOfType<NGUIWindowManager>();
        nGUIWindowManager.Close(EnumNGUIWindow.Version);
    }
}

On 1/12/2023 at 10:20 PM, Sqeegie said:

Here is your "little mod." Just extract and dump the mod into the Mods folder.

Complied version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AvV2m6j9mPg-izP2TkFgnTqXOJUZqw8K

Source:

public class PeskyVersion : IModApi
{
    public void InitMod(Mod _modInstance)
    {
        Log.Out("[PeskyVersion] Getting rid of that pesky version label. . .");

NGUIWindowManager nGUIWindowManager = UnityEngine.Object.FindObjectOfType<NGUIWindowManager>();
        nGUIWindowManager.Close(EnumNGUIWindow.Version);
    }
}

Thank you so much! Trying it now...

• 4 months later...

This worked great in Alpha20. I loaded it up in Alpha21 but it doesn't seem to work?

Should it? If not, could you re-compile a new version to work with Alpha21 good sir?

Thanks if able. And if not, you are still an Ace in my book!