Connection Problem with Dedicated server.

noxferum

So i use steam to play 7dtd and my friends recently joined me and they are using xbox game pass PC. The first few days was a good, and everything was set up via Dedicated server Pingperfect. Everyone having a good time. However just yesterday. All my friends are not able to connect to the server. It has this error on the command "WRN Net LiteNetLib: SendData requested without active connection". Already tried some of the solutions given to me by customer support like reinstalling and wiping the game from scratch. Changing <ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols "SteamNetworking"> to ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols "LiteNetLib". So far all of those did not help. If anyone has similar issues or has a solution for the problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Read the pinned thread that says to read it before posting. It tells you how to find and post the logfile. And change back ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols to "SteamNetworking".

Preferably post the logfile of yesterday when the problems began.

You can still connect, right? Internally the game uses an epic service to give everyone an id and translates the steam or xbox id to an eos id (don't know how that is done though, many possibilities).

The error message you posted is only a warning not an error and usually harmless as it just means that one side of the server-client connection already closed the connection while there are still a few packets coming from the other side. That is why we need to see a logfile, it has all the messages, not only the ones you notice by accident.

EDIT: Others on xbox store seem to have the same problem: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/30633-send-data-request-without-active-connection/?do=findComment&comment=505535

As I said there, server logfile would be interesting as well as client logfile

And there is a good chance that the problem goes away suddenly because the server operator of whatever service is in trouble notices the problem too and restarts the service or server.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

11 hours ago, meganoth said:

Read the pinned thread that says to read it before posting. It tells you how to find and post the logfile. And change back ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols to "SteamNetworking".

Preferably post the logfile of yesterday when the problems began.

You can still connect, right? Internally the game uses an epic service to give everyone an id and translates the steam or xbox id to an eos id (don't know how that is done though, many possibilities).

The error message you posted is only a warning not an error and usually harmless as it just means that one side of the server-client connection already closed the connection while there are still a few packets coming from the other side. That is why we need to see a logfile, it has all the messages, not only the ones you notice by accident.

EDIT: Others on xbox store seem to have the same problem: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/30633-send-data-request-without-active-connection/?do=findComment&comment=505535

As I said there, server logfile would be interesting as well as client logfile

And there is a good chance that the problem goes away suddenly because the server operator of whatever service is in trouble notices the problem too and restarts the service or server.

i am gamepass user https://pastebin.com/L5XmmdHj this is my log

Thanks for the reply. And yeah I've been talking to one of the customer support from the dedicated server. They feel like it might have something to do with xbox game pass. They escalated it to their Senior Staff. Unfornately I wont hear from him till monday.

10 hours ago, noxferum said:

Sorry I dont understand by what you mean by backend. Either way i tried it entering again. Now its just saying could not retrieve server ID.

It was a live fix done on the EOS/EAC end (as in no update needed on your end). The server likely needs to be rebooted. Try reverifying your files too through Steam. If none of that helps, try doing this:

• From Windows Start, search for cmd.
  • Right click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
  • In the console, type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
  • If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache":
  • Afterwards, type: netsh int ip reset
  • Once done, restart your computer

8 hours ago, Jugginator said:

It was a live fix done on the EOS/EAC end (as in no update needed on your end). The server likely needs to be rebooted. Try reverifying your files too through Steam. If none of that helps, try doing this:

• From Windows Start, search for cmd.
  • Right click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
  • In the console, type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
  • If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache":
  • Afterwards, type: netsh int ip reset
  • Once done, restart your computer

All good now. Senior staff changed the server configuration so that all networking protocols are enabled. Anyway just happy i can play with my friends again after a few days of delay.