Vehicles disapeared after sytem crash

bobrpggamer

I had a system crash that hung around in a frozen 7 days to die game until I pressed control, alt and delete. So I restarted the game after my PC restarted and I get back to the exact same part, but with no vehicles. Both my minibike and bike were gone.

I am not sure what happened.

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)

I think that when the game crashes unexpectedly, the normal save process can get corrupted. In your case, it vehicle saves was involved. I’ve heard that there will be some changes to the saving process coming to A21 that may address this but this was only mentioned in passing so I’m not sure if it will actually happen. For now, the only fix for you is to use the creative menu to get your vehicles back.

More than likely, your vehicles are still there.  While the game is running, press F1 to open the console. Scroll up and look for info about vehicles.  It should list coordinates of all personal vehicles in the game.  Go to those coordinates to get your vehicles.  Often during a crash, vehicles can end up being found in an earlier location (wherever they were when the game last saved their position) rather than where you are.

Once you find the vehicles, you will need to pick them up and put them down again for then to show on your map.  Crashes also tend to lose who "owned" the vehicle.