Simple survival suggestions

Coushie

1) maybe add fishing to the game? The fishing leads are okay for brass, but I think fishing could be very helpful for players early on in the game

2) maybe add a raincatcher or something? Might be useful for 3 as well :) 

3) make farming a bit more complicated? For example: tile the plots, fertilise them, water them,… adds to the survival experience! 

4) is it possible to change the amount of zombies that roam the world? I feel like there isn’t a whole lot of zombies roaming my world in general. 

5) could we have some more uses for batteries and acid? I find quite a lot of these 2 things, but don’t really have a use for it. Maybe use acid to make solar panels or something? 

1 hour ago, Coushie said:

2) maybe add a raincatcher or something? Might be useful for 3 as well :) 

There is a "dew collector" being added in A21.

3) make farming a bit more complicated? For example: tile the plots, fertilise them, water them,… adds to the survival experience! 

This is how farming used to be several alphas ago. Not really sure the reasons behind the change, but if you want a different farming experience, mods are your friend. They likely won't make any drastic changes at this point.

4) is it possible to change the amount of zombies that roam the world? I feel like there isn’t a whole lot of zombies roaming my world in general. 

Again, mods here are your friend. I personally use the following mods in nearly all of my playthroughs:

Dangerous Zombies

https://7daystodiemods.com/dangerous-zombies/

Increased Zombie Spawning

https://7daystodiemods.com/increased-zombie-spawning/

Wandering Horde Frequency

https://7daystodiemods.com/wandering-horde-frequency/

5) could we have some more uses for batteries and acid? I find quite a lot of these 2 things, but don’t really have a use for it. Maybe use acid to make solar panels or something? 

This relates to a mod I've been wanting to make, but can't figure out how to do it. As it stands right now, the impact driver tool (that replaces the wrench/ratchet) is almost worse to use over the ratchet. It drains stamina so much, when in reality, it should use less. I realize there should be some drawback to using it (like the auger uses 0 stamina, but requires fuel). I want the impact driver to use 0 stamina, but require the use of a battery to run. Depending on the quality of the battery, the change lasts longer. When spent, I would need to remove the battery and recharge it, just like in RL.

EDIT: btw, in case you weren't aware, batteries are used in generators and can be smelted for lead. Additionally, there are several recipes that use acid. I usually can never get enough acid.

Edited by Syphon583 (see edit history)