Roobie map gen on Xbox series X

EL34xyz

I am playing the old console version on a Xbox series X next gen

I saw a youtube video of the Roobie (capital R) seed and it looked like a nice map with 11 cities/towns
The guy did not give away too much map info. I posted that video below

So after playing Navesgane up to about day 160 and getting the hang of the game, I decided to start a new game using the Roobie seed

The green area's near the hub city are really nice, but the hub city was nasty. It was wasteland surrounded by all the other biomes which was nice.
You can see that in the video

I found a huge mine just outside of a town with hundreds of nitrite and decided to build a small camp near it.
3 traders are nearby and I had the mini bike built by day 16
I have a forge, workbench and concrete mixer set up and I am wanting to craft a Chem station but having a hard time finding one or finding beakers to craft one

The only issue I have noticed with this Roobie seed is that the loot is no where as good as it was in Navesgane
Looting the stores like shotgun, pill, tools, etc, the loot is slim
Is that the norm for a generated map compared to Navesgane?

I attached an image from the video showing the area next to the hub city where I am currently set up

HubCity_SE.png

Edited by EL34xyz (see edit history)

Loot is always Random. Doesn't matter if on Navezgane or a Seed. Some games you'll get amazing loot, other games, can be a pain.

The longest it ever took to obtain the Minibike schematic for me was on Navezgane, Day 22/24. The advantage however on Navezgane is the fact its smaller so I could still run all around and make it home before night.

On 10/19/2022 at 5:51 PM, Jysen said:

Loot is always Random. Doesn't matter if on Navezgane or a Seed. Some games you'll get amazing loot, other games, can be a pain.

The longest it ever took to obtain the Minibike schematic for me was on Navezgane, Day 22/24. The advantage however on Navezgane is the fact its smaller so I could still run all around and make it home before night.

yeah, I had loads of loot on Navezgane.
I never had to craft any benches, mixers, chem stations

Roobie is not bad for zombie loot but I have yet to find a workbench, mixer or a forge anywhere except at traders.
I did find a Chem station in a pills and I grabbed that for my base
I had to craft a workbench, forge and cement mixer

One big plus to this map is that there is Nitrite and coal everywhere in the green areas.
I have also found 4 mines with nitrite.
Two of them I found by driving the mini bike into the abyss and had to dig ramps to get out 😁

I am updating my Roobie map as I expose new areas
I am keeping to the green areas in the east
There are 5 traders in my area that I marked in red on the map I attached as a png file
I had to down size the map here because of the 2mb limit

RoobieBigMap2_small.png

I built a simple 7 by 7 block base with a concrete block perimeter and steel railings
I stand on top to fight the hordes with the sniper rifle
This lets me collect all the loot because the Z's are not piling up on top of each other and then exploding
On night 42 I had exactly 100 Z's come to the base.

10-20-2022_8-17-27_AM-30rvrwnn.png

I added the front entrance/walkway 
No Z's had tried to climb it so far
The wood spikes just keep them off the concrete surround
If they even make it to my base

The sniper keeps them at bay and they don't pile up and explode

10-20-2022_8-17-15_AM-mhaavdix.png

My personal favorite seed to play on is GreatWhiteNorth. It has lots of Traders, and there's a section on the map where there's like 3 or 4 Traders not far from one another. It has 3 Hub Cities, 1 Large, 2 small and about 10 Towns as well. It has a few Missle Silos, Military Camps, and a bunch of Underground Bunkers too.

20 hours ago, II Blittz II said:

My personal favorite seed to play on is GreatWhiteNorth. It has lots of Traders, and there's a section on the map where there's like 3 or 4 Traders not far from one another. It has 3 Hub Cities, 1 Large, 2 small and about 10 Towns as well. It has a few Missle Silos, Military Camps, and a bunch of Underground Bunkers too.

This is on console version?
I see GWN listed as a PC mod?

I have been enjoying the Roobie seed map.
Pluses and minuses of this map IMO are:

+ There is tons of Nitrite and coal all over the ground in the green biomes. No need to dig mines.
+ There many huge mines on this map with nitrite. I have found at least 10 mines so far.
+ Lots of ranger stations with gun safes. Maybe 15 or more so far
- Because of all the water, areas in the north, the east and west sides of the map cannot be gotten to easily above the hub city

I did manage to make a safe passage corridor through the wasteland above the hub city where I have trader marked on the map
I lined a path with frames so I can drive the mini bike safely through the wasteland area to get to that trader without being blown up by mines.

I have found 8 traders, but most are in the upper half of the map
I marked them on the map with red boxes
The only trader that is way out of the way is the one in the lower left corner of the map.
And maybe the one in the upper left corner in the snow biome.

I down sized this map so it would make the 2mb file limit
The map is a big round circle

RoobieBigMap3_Small.png