Chambers Mods

Chambers

1 hour ago, rallenb3 said:

In your long spears mod you have a schematic for the pitchfork but, no recipe to make it.

Whoops. Missed transferring that one over. The website version will be fixed soon-ish. In the meantime, if you would like the fix now, here is the link:

• 5 months later...

Hi Chambers I have your Better Arrows mod installed and noticed that your borrwed mesh assets for the fiberglass bow don't match the icon. So I've been made a mesh that more closely matches it. If you are interested in porting this to 7D2D I'm willing to work with you. Please contact me if you're interested.a3453d1fa64bdcb8e7cd74ff6cbe6a88-jpg.jpg

0ffecbebd536ab79291dea83cc2d32b9-png.jpg

31fb63cbadebe02542a134c6bd22adf6-png.jpg

8 hours ago, momoe said:

Hi Chambers I have your Better Arrows mod installed and noticed that your borrwed mesh assets for the fiberglass bow don't match the icon. So I've been made a mesh that more closely matches it. If you are interested in porting this to 7D2D I'm willing to work with you. Please contact me if you're interested.a3453d1fa64bdcb8e7cd74ff6cbe6a88-jpg.jpg

Spoiler

0ffecbebd536ab79291dea83cc2d32b9-png.jpg

31fb63cbadebe02542a134c6bd22adf6-png.jpg

So, the funny thing -- not funny ha ha, funny sad -- is the arrowhead from the package I got is almost the exact same color as the 7dtd background. Painfully invisible when in inventory. After spending way too much time nosing around the store for alternatives, the other available arrowheads are all terribly similar to the vanilla arrows, and I gave up and got a 2d substitute image.

In other words, I would be pleased to have any arrowhead that is not dark gray and that is visually distinct at a glance from the vanillas. Yours looks ideal. So, if you would like to move forwards, let me know your terms.

20 hours ago, Chambers said:

So, the funny thing -- not funny ha ha, funny sad -- is the arrowhead from the package I got is almost the exact same color as the 7dtd background. Painfully invisible when in inventory. After spending way too much time nosing around the store for alternatives, the other available arrowheads are all terribly similar to the vanilla arrows, and I gave up and got a 2d substitute image.

In other words, I would be pleased to have any arrowhead that is not dark gray and that is visually distinct at a glance from the vanillas. Yours looks ideal. So, if you would like to move forwards, let me know your terms.

My terms are reasonable... 1 MILLION DOLLARS AND A MOON BASE!!! (jk) but really I can design the mesh and the textures, but I do not know 7D2D modding architecture. So 1.) What format the mesh/textures need to be in, and 2.) leave it up to you to integrate it into your mod 3.) Just a credit for my contribution. Once I have that info, we can go back and forth on size dimensions and other kinks to work out.

On 6/15/2023 at 9:14 PM, momoe said:

My terms are reasonable... 1 MILLION DOLLARS AND A MOON BASE!!! (jk) but really I can design the mesh and the textures, but I do not know 7D2D modding architecture. So 1.) What format the mesh/textures need to be in, and 2.) leave it up to you to integrate it into your mod 3.) Just a credit for my contribution. Once I have that info, we can go back and forth on size dimensions and other kinks to work out.

Cool! That's great.

Mesh Format: Unity FBX or OBJ definitely work, and probably other Unity-friendly formats as well, but those are the ones I've definitely imported to 7dtd. Anything that works in Unity will probably work, but the 7dtd game engine has a few quirks, so you never know.

Texture Format: I believe any common file types work. Most of the objects I have imported comes in png. From what I hear, the only problem files are restricted types, like 3dsMax, but my knowledge of the matter is very limited.

Sizing and other kinks: 7dtd treats arrows as a simple box, so you shouldn't need to do anything else. But fyi should you ever do an object that 7dtd considers complex, like a car, very different story.

Credit You: Gladly. Let me know what name you want to go by, plus any artist contact info you want to include.

It's done. At least for A20. The post will go live on the mod website in due time. An early link is in the spoiler area below.

The A21 version will be a bit longer before release. I have the mod up and running in A21, but I still need to set things to working with A21's new loot and trader systems.

Spoiler

Updated version of Additional Arrows, containing the excellent new model from momoe!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C6OVj50h2PKUGJj11QxJkbhZPYOaBp1B/view?usp=drive_link

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

On 6/18/2023 at 5:15 PM, momoe said:

I've finished UV unwrapping it, and exported all the individual parts in one FBX file. but should be acceptable to play around with in whatever modeling program you use. I'm curious how they mirror like specular translates over to the metal portions. https://file.io/bVlA3qS7Seph

So, I'm more coder and animator than artist, so my knowledge in this area is very limited. Mostly all I use is the 7dtd exporter to take models straight out of Unity and into the game. From what I hear, though, the 7dtd engine is a heavily restricted version of Unity that doesn't allow for a lot of effects, such as metallic reflections. In my experience, it also tends to "muddy" up one's textures quite a bit, though bump maps seem to make it across the export pretty well.

Edited by Chambers
grammar (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Chambers said:

It's done. At least for A20. The post will go live on the mod website in due time. An early link is in the spoiler area below.

The A21 version will be a bit longer before release. I have the mod up and running in A21, but I still need to set things to working with A21's new loot and trader systems.

Reveal hidden contents

Updated version of Additional Arrows, containing the excellent new model from momoe!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C6OVj50h2PKUGJj11QxJkbhZPYOaBp1B/view?usp=drive_link

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

So, I'm more coder and animator than artist, so my knowledge in this area is very limited. Mostly all I use is the 7dtd exporter to take models straight out of Unity and into the game. From what I hear, though, the 7dtd engine is a heavily restricted version of Unity that doesn't allow for a lot of effects, such as metallic reflections. In my experience, it also tends to "muddy" up one's textures quite a bit, though bump maps seem to make it across the export pretty well.

Glad to hear it, I'll give it a once over, before baking out the textures. For now this was just about fixing the size and pieces to fit in game proportions, so texture baking doesn't look warped.

Also I *might* have a glass arrowhead in the works, if I can get the sculpted mesh to come out with the fine chisel detail for baking a glass texture too. But this one will be taking ab it longer.

1 hour ago, Dragonchampion said:

Do you need some help with the loot and magazine system for Additional Arrows and Additional Bows?

Thank you for the offer, but in this particular case it's more of a case of I needed a break.

On 6/25/2023 at 8:39 PM, Chambers said:

The A21 version of Additional Arrows is done.  It (and all future A21 mods) will be in the A21 thread.

But since this one mods has also been discussed here, here is the early file link. The website will have it up in due time.

Just want to follow up real quick.

I've rolled out a copy of a20 to try out your mod, it looks like it fits for the most part, small alignment issues but nothing to crow about.

As I've said before this is only a rough draft. while we fit scaling, and implementation stuff.

I'm Currently getting a crash course in materials and texturing going from GLSL>PBR standards, so once I have a fundamental grasp of these things I will resubmit the mesh with all the proper baked textures. It's just going to take some time until I get this under my belt.

Wanted to say love the idea and presentation of the additional arrows mod, came across a few issues with it though, something about removing/changing the vanilla bows makes you get frozen when trying to view them to craft in the workbench, and an extra piece is need the ability to scrap the arrows and heads, like scrap/glass arrows to broken glass, fiberglass to military fiber or plastics

2 hours ago, ThorSan said:

...came across a few issues with it though, something about removing/changing the vanilla bows makes you get frozen when trying to view them to craft in the workbench

Whoops, I felt I shouldn't have rushed it out the door before heading out on my trip.

Thank you very much for alerting me. The fix (for the A21 version of Additional Arrows, for anyone else who reads this) is below in the spoiler. It will be on the website in the fullness of time...

3 hours ago, ThorSan said:

the arrows and heads [should scrap to a different item] like glass arrows to broken glass, fiberglass to military fiber or plastics

An excellent idea! Change made.

3 hours ago, ThorSan said:

Wanted to say love the idea and presentation of the additional arrows mod

Thank you!