Suggestions, not complaints.

HB_H4wk

Suggestions for the Pimps.

I understand that the fun pimps are limited with the amount of Paint Textures they can have, so I would suggest replacing/removing or adjusting a few.

(35)Wood Painted 3  looks like a duplicate of (12)Wood Black

(126)Wood Barricade  Looks similar to (167)Plywood

(91)Reinforced Concrete  If this block has been removed from the building/upgrade menu why needed?

(135)Cold Beer Sign why is this needed if you already have it as a SIGN? (11998)Sign (C)old Beer.

(154)Wallpaper 3     OMG my eyes!!!!!

Paint suggestions..

How about adding a plain cardboard paint texture?

What about adding some Blood Splatters or a dragged blood pattern, or bloody hand prints paint texture?

Adjusting the Closet Door textures (27)Closet Door Top  and (28)Closet Door Bottom into one paint texture.

Vehicle Model suggestion..

There are flatbed trailers (Containers etc that can be placed on them) but no Tractors/Trucks to pull them, so how about adding a model for this.

Other Model Suggestion..

In A20 Piles of Rags (12772)Tall Laundry Pile and (12773)Long Laundry Pile were added to the game, what about adding some Gore Piles?

What about adding  Crushed Cardboard Models?

Why are the Pure Mineral Water bottles converted to glass rather than Scrap Polymers(91)?

Quest Suggestion..

What about adding a Save a Survivor Quest? *Which would require a Survivor Model to rescue, once the quest is completed the survivor runs off.

All great suggestions that I would love to see implemented. There are a number of new vehicle models (decor, not drivable) that are being added in A21, but I don't think any of them are semi trucks. They have also talked about updating some of the paint textures already, but no specifics have been given.

7 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

Why are the Pure Mineral Water bottles converted to glass rather than Scrap Polymers(91)?

As for this quoted section, no need to worry about this since glass jars will no longer be a thing in A21.

I want to add my own suggestions regarding the limited paint textures available while we are taking about it.

I would really like to see textures and color as two separate options.  If I want a yellow wood house versus a blue versus a red, we don't need multiple textures.  The same for painted concrete or stucco or similar textures currently available.  We'd just use one texture with a color applied to it.  This gives us many more options for how things look without taking up tons of texture space.

Yes, it requires another byte of space for each block, but this can be reduced by only adding the color bit to blocks that are allowed to be "painted".  That removes all ground blocks and water blocks and air blocks as well as many other block types that cannot be painted.  Yes, it increases space, but I think the amount is reasonable.  It may also be that it is possible to do this with the current number of bytes being used for textures with a little creative work.

I'd even give up some textures if need to make this possible.

Edited by Riamus
Mistake (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Riamus said:

Yes, it requires another byte of space for each block, but this can be reduced by only adding the color bit to blocks that are allowed to be "painted".

1 byte for color? Isn't RGB 3 bytes? Or do you just mean 1 byte to brighten/darken a texture?

Also, blocks have multiple faces that can be textured individually. Potentially you'd have to multiply by 6 for a cube if each face were textured differently than the default.

Am I missing something?

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

On 10/15/2022 at 10:18 PM, zztong said:

1 byte for color? Isn't RGB 3 bytes? Or do you just mean 1 byte to brighten/darken a texture?

Also, blocks have multiple faces that can be textured individually. Potentially you'd have to multiply by 6 for a cube if each face were textured differently than the default.

Am I missing something?

I am not considering a full RGB color choice, though that would be nice.  I was thinking only of using the current dye colors.  So you only need one byte because you have fewer than 10 colors. You could increase this number past ten with one byte by using characters instead of only numbers to reference the color if you wanted more color choices.

And, yes, you would need 6 bytes because of 6 sides.  I didn't think of each side being different.