Metal barrels, please

Riamus

I know we can build the fire barrel, but I want just a standard metal barrel or even the group of four for my base.  I like putting certain items in objects that make sense ... Water in the water bubbler, beer in the kegs (even though they say wine).  Having barrels to put my gas cans in would look great in a garage.

While we are on the topic, I'd really like to see all of the objects that are available in the POI editor also available in the game itself to use in our bases.  I don't like using the creative menu to add things as it feels like cheating even if it is just adding decorations.

19 hours ago, Riamus said:

I know we can build the fire barrel, but I want just a standard metal barrel or even the group of four for my base.  I like putting certain items in objects that make sense ... Water in the water bubbler, beer in the kegs (even though they say wine).  Having barrels to put my gas cans in would look great in a garage.

While we are on the topic, I'd really like to see all of the objects that are available in the POI editor also available in the game itself to use in our bases.  I don't like using the creative menu to add things as it feels like cheating even if it is just adding decorations.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of having to switch to creative for some 'logical' items either. Then again I enjoy some mods too, so the purists can curl their toes in their steel boots...

I kinda like being able to store fuel in the actual gas pumps myself. But barrels would do nicely as well.

Don't know how to get TFP to consider a select number of additional items we can pull into the game. Would be nice though, I agree.

Oh, I said 'logical' because they make sense to me.  But we know logic is relative in the gaming community. 

I hear a potential hail storm...hitting the metal barrels we can someday craft, but alas, only for decoration. Make them unrestricted containers while you're at it. Not a big deal...or maybe it is?

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Lostyouthkhat said:

I play the same as you when it comes to storage! There is a mod that allowes you to have a good amount of different storage objects (barrels, chests, shelfs, kitchen stuff)

Yeah, I've seen some on here.  For now, I'm sticking with vanilla, but might change later.  Just bringing this up as there really isn't any good reason to prevent us from adding then to our bases.  Link the current barrel to the metal furniture selection and you're done.