Just out of curiosity

Warpspawn

The other day youtube recommended a video by spartan85 about playing 7DTD on xbox console, it brought back some memories.

As i was watching, i kept thinking i don't remember the graphics being this bad and the usual hindsight, why did you do that?.

Curiosity finally got the upper hand, so dusted off the xbox1 and booted up 7DTD. and yes the graphics are pretty bad when compared to pc.

But in my defense i have been playing 7DTD on my potato pc for a couple of years now, and 35 md5's on the xbox console sort of discouraged me from playing console.

Fun pimps said that they'll revisit the console sometime, maybe. 

I'm curious if they'll be using the TTG/Iron Galaxy port as a starting point? as their logos are all over that version or start from scratch.

I really do want them to fix the console version, but not to the extent of buying a next gen (there'll be another along next week) console. I enjoyed revisiting some of my saves and seeing what i accomplished back then.

There's a team already working on the new console port, which was stated on Twitter not long ago by the offical 7 Days To Die account. With that being said, as a dedicated console player myself, I hope they don't touch the current console version and just releases an entire new product. I'd love to be able to go back to Alpha 15 in the future to see all of my old projects, builds, etc. for a trip down memory lane. Although, it would be nice if they give a discount to players who already own the current console version, that would give TFP a lot of brownie points in the long run. Regardless though, whether they give a discount or not to existing current console players, I'm still buying the game the day it drops because it's one of my absolute favorite games to play.

On 10/8/2022 at 10:03 PM, Warpspawn said:

I'm curious if they'll be using the TTG/Iron Galaxy port as a starting point? as their logos are all over that version or start from scratch.

I don't think they can do that.  In order to continue with the TTG version of 7D2D, they would need to own the rights to the source code from TTG.  I don't think that is something they were able to get when they went to court many years ago (I think the rights they got were just the production rights for the game and the intellectual rights back from TTG as part of the bankruptcy proceedings).

On 10/10/2022 at 9:04 AM, II Blittz II said:

With that being said, as a dedicated console player myself, I hope they don't touch the current console version and just releases an entire new product.

You will be glad to know that thanks to the way TellTale released the product, it cannot get any updates beyond some a16 content. The next game will be a whole new fresh release, that is built from the finally completed PC game. It will likely support crossplay not only between both console versions, but with the PC version as well.  Though you aren't likely to be able to run overhaul mods on the consoles.

4 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

You will be glad to know that thanks to the way TellTale released the product, it cannot get any updates beyond some a16 content.

Awesome!! That's good to know, thanks! Crossplay between console and PC sounds great, I can definitely get behind that 100%.

Spartan and other console gamers all record in 720p for their YT content
I suppose because the console version is 720p ☺️

I watch some of the PC players
The graphics are way nicer

Can't wait to play the new console version on my Xbox series X

I can play at 4k 60fps on other games
But on fast paced shooters, I dial it back to 1440p