friends can't join or extremely high ping

xilv

Hi, me and my friend just started playing the game about 2 weeks ago, at first we don't have any problem until yesterday when suddenly my friend either can't join the server or if they do they have an extremely high ping (2k at first and keeps on increasing until up to 30k) I personally think internet connection shouldn't be the issue as both of us have stable connection and able to play other games or browse normally and spec wise our pc should able to run it (my spec is Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 3060 Ti, 16 GB RAM, my friend's Ryzen 5 5600, GTX 1650 TI, 16GB RAM) 

This is my pastebin link for my log (as a server): https://pastebin.com/kxXKtGp4

and this is my friend's pastebin link for his log: https://pastebin.com/5CTQM6sp

edit1 : none of us installed or ever use any mods in this game

edit 2: but of us only using windows defender as our AV and both of us have included the game under exception

Thanks before 

Edited by xilv (see edit history)

Your Litenetlib connection failed so it then connects with Steamnetworking which is laggy as heck. This is usually caused by failed port forwarding. Use an online port scanner to verify that these ports are open: 26900 tcp, 26900-26903 udp. If they aren’t all open, go into your router and forward those ports.  Also check that your firewall is allowing 7days through. If you are using a vpn, turn it off while playing. Your friends profile ‘might’ be corrupted as well. Once you fix the port issue, if he still can’t join, you’ll need to delete his profile on your server and he’ll need to start over. You can get his levels and inventory back by using the giveselfxp command and the creative menu.

11 hours ago, Star69 said:

Your Litenetlib connection failed so it then connects with Steamnetworking which is laggy as heck. This is usually caused by failed port forwarding. Use an online port scanner to verify that these ports are open: 26900 tcp, 26900-26903 udp. If they aren’t all open, go into your router and forward those ports.  Also check that your firewall is allowing 7days through. If you are using a vpn, turn it off while playing. Your friends profile ‘might’ be corrupted as well. Once you fix the port issue, if he still can’t join, you’ll need to delete his profile on your server and he’ll need to start over. You can get his levels and inventory back by using the giveselfxp command and the creative menu.

Hi, thanks for the reply, i've checked on online port scanner from https://portchecker.co/check and checked 26900 and it said it's closed, i tried opening the ports but i'm not sure what i'm doing is right or wrong i watched few tutorials on adding port which include adding inbound rules on firewall and adding the port on my router config to no result. i can confirm me and my friend have included 7days into the firewall exception and both of us are not using VPN, i've tried deleting his profile to no luck, maybe this could be an additional info, we tried to enter other people's server and we can play together smoothly, I think the issue is within his ip trying to connect to mine or something as when we both tried to enter other people game it works with no issue

14 hours ago, Star69 said:

i have tried opening my port and i've check on yougetsignal.com and it said it's open, do my friend also need to do this or is it just me as the server, btw he still have extremely high ping although he can enter the game now

7 hours ago, xilv said:

do my friend also need to do this or is it just me as the server

Just you as the server. Also, if your friend is using wireless, have them try an ethernet cable. There may be some wireless

interference, and wireless can suck for online gaming as it's half duplex.

8 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Just you as the server. Also, if your friend is using wireless, have them try an ethernet cable. There may be some wireless

interference, and wireless can suck for online gaming as it's half duplex.

my friend used the ethernet cable already, yesterday i tried opening port on his pc as well and it got worse, he cant enter the game, always stuck on waiting config or something

33 minutes ago, xilv said:

my friend used the Ethernet cable already

Ok good. Here are some other things to check:

Your friends computer is over a year behind on Windows update. (this may not be a problem, but I think they should update to rule it out as a possibility.)

I think your issue is network related. If either of you uses a vpn, that could be a problem. If so, you can enable split tunneling for 7D2D to bypass the vpn.

Or disable it temporarily as a test.

Most oem computers include a lot of bloatware that can interfere with the network. Asus GameFirst is one that is known to mess up 7D2D connections.

Check your applications for any bloatware from Asus, HP, Dell, Razor, or any Lighting/RGB software and remove it. Then reboot and try again.

Do your routers include any built in security apps that may be blocking or filtering traffic? If so, try to add exceptions for the game and/or it's ports.

8 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

Your friends computer is over a year behind on Windows update. (this may not be a problem, but I think they should update to rule it out as a possibility.)

I think your issue is network related. If either of you uses a vpn, that could be a problem. If so, you can enable split tunneling for 7D2D to bypass the vpn.

Most oem computers include a lot of bloatware that can interfere with the network. Asus GameFirst is one that is known to mess up 7D2D connections.

Check your applications for any bloatware from Asus, HP, Dell, Razor, or any Lighting/RGB software and remove it. Then reboot and try again.

Do your routers include any built in security apps that may be blocking or filtering traffic? If so, try to add exceptions for the game and/or it's ports.

ok thanks for the input, will try again later after work, will give you an update whether it work or no. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

we found out the problem might be on the PC not the connection as we tried using other laptop and he can connect with decent ping, tried updating windows on on the main laptop and got error on windows update , stuck on "pick an option" lol, prolly will take to a technician and get it repaired, will try again on main laptop when its repaired

8 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Also might try repairing windows.  Sometimes that will work without having to go to a technician.

tried repairing windows and it just looped to "pick an option" again and again to the point of giving up lol

On 10/3/2022 at 9:26 PM, xilv said:

tried repairing windows and it just looped to "pick an option" again and again to the point of giving up lol

Uggh, I hate when that happens. You may need to reinstall Windows to fix it. Time-consuming I know, but the pc will always run its best after a new install. It would also be a good time to test the various components using software such as Memtest or Windows Memory Diagnostics for ram and any of the free programs to test the hard drives and stress the cpu and power supply. In more than a few cases, Windows errors can be caused by failing components.

On 10/3/2022 at 6:26 PM, xilv said:

tried repairing windows

From a terminal with admin priveleges run this command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If it shows errors, run it again until you have no errors.

After that, from a terminal with admin priveleges run this command:

SFC /Scannow

Then try windows update again.

terminal (Win11) or command prompt (Win10) windows can be opened by right clicking your start menu.

10 hours ago, Star69 said:

Uggh, I hate when that happens. You may need to reinstall Windows to fix it. Time-consuming I know, but the pc will always run its best after a new install. It would also be a good time to test the various components using software such as Memtest or Windows Memory Diagnostics for ram and any of the free programs to test the hard drives and stress the cpu and power supply. In more than a few cases, Windows errors can be caused by failing components.

Ikr, really annoying when that happened

3 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

From a terminal with admin priveleges run this command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

After that, from a terminal with admin priveleges run this command:

SFC /Scannow

Then try windows update again.

terminal (Win11) or command prompt (Win10) windows can be opened by right clicking your start menu.

ok, will ask my friend to try again after he's back from work, thanks!