Constant crashes

Shannon1989

Hi all. I just started a new game of Darkness Falls with my wife and every 20 minutes or so the game just crashes to desktop, sometimes a Unity box will pop up first before crashing and other times my monitor just goes black off and I have to force restart the PC, this is with 2 people on a rented server. Any help please?

Output Log
https://pastebin.com/g7tvyrB2
Error Log
https://pastebin.com/N5EjR1ym

Device name    Shannon
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Device ID    36CF851F-4A6F-4800-8D86-F2635FEC227A
Product ID    00326-10000-00000-AA472
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display
Video Card: 1070

On initial thought, I would use DDU to uninstall your GPU driver and then install a fresh downloaded one. Access violation could also point to an anti virus software, but usually when it's complaining about graphics related jobs it's related to either the GPU itself or the driver for it. Those are two vectors to start troubleshooting.

I would highly lean to a GPU driver issue, though, especially with the black screen/PC reboot forcing (complete GPU failure will cause that, the black screen means Windows tried to reload the driver [that will happen on issues like that, it'll try to restart the driver, which you can do manually with a shortcut that I'm forgetting atm]).

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)

You have two problems. You have other mods mixed with Darkness Falls mods, which doesn't work, and, as Jugg said, your GPU driver is

very out of date. Get rid of the non DF mods, and get the latest driver from Nvidia. You may have to start a new game if the extra, non DF

mods have changed any assets in the game.

3 hours ago, Shannon1989 said:

Solved! Device manager didn't show any video card updates but GeForce Experience updated it and everything works now. Thank you

Glad you got it resolved. For knowledge for the future, the drivers that device manager finds and installs (on the automatic option) basic, mass compatibility drivers that are basic but very stable. It's kind of a driver that will work for that device out of the box, it definitely doesn't mean it'll play well with games or other intensive usage, but it'll output a display for you to install proper drivers (in the case of the GPU). It's always best practice to go to the manufacturer for updates, like you did with Geforce Experience.