Prepareing for asking :One player can't join server, stuck on " Creating Player", following EOS messages.

mineko

hTeoE30.png

Red alerts:

ERR [EOS]ACC Failed decrypting stream: AntiCheatInvailidMode
ERR NCSimple_Deserializer(ch=0):
EXC Unknown Netpackage ID:173
ERR EOS_AntiCheatClient_UnprotectMessage:Failed with 12001

Yellow alerts:
WRN NET: Requesting rules from TCP (000.000.000:00000) failed due to connection problems (failed to connect due to rejection from the objective computer)

I'm still collecting requied information from the server owner and the player who can't log in that server.
I saw several similar issues and how to fix them on this forum, but we still not be able to solve this problem.
I'll add those information when I get them. I'm really sorry for my terrible English.

OUTPUT LOGS:

prepareing - on PASTE BIN
output log files are in C:/steamLibrary/steamapps/common/7Daystodie/7daystodiedata/

Summary: (a short description of the bug)
Game Version: A 20.6 (b9)
Platform: PC
OS/Version: Windows 10 x64
Game mode: (MP host and MP client on dedi, RWG)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes - the client player)
Did you start a new game? (No)
Did you validate your files? (Yes - the client)
Are you using any mods? (Yes)
EAC on or off? (ON)

I'm collecting other information for this player's client computer below.
(I'm quite sure it has enough spec because she have played on this server for several months.)

CPU Model:
System Memory: 00gb ram
GPU Model and VRAM: NVIDIA GEFORCE 0000
Screen Resolution: (width and height)
Video Settings: (Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom (Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any)

SCREENSHOTS and .CSV File:
prepareing - on imgur

Bug DescriptiBug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

This user was automatically kicked from the server right after regular server rebooting.
The alert message said "Sever kicked your client something ~~~." (couldn't get the screenshot of this alert message.)
There could be other players when the server rebooted automatically, though no similar error happened to anybody except for her.

The server owner has set this server to reboot every 3 hours since he opened this server.

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

1. This user got error messages after the sever completed rebooting.
    This user became not able to log in, the loading screen kept showing "creating character...." for long.
  2. The server owner wiped this user's 3 player data (ttp.,map.,ttp.bak)
  3. This user did cleaning her data with 7days tool.
    I quoted the image of 7days launcher from other posters below.
    Also she completed steam data verifying for 7days.
    https://7dtd-community.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_09/296304664_cleangamedata.jpg.5b72ec2b06d54f9a6cb45ddd0a3bd596.jpg
  4. Several regular rebooting set for this server have done, another player tried F1 console typing lpi, if she was on this server.
    This player's ID disappeared after regular rebooting, while her ID was shown before rebooting even though she didn't log in nor her name wasn't on the player list in game before regular rebooting.
    The server owner also confirmed she isn't listed on player list.
    0vHluYN.png
    Rx52Q4t.png

5. This user still gets yellow messages below.
    "failed due to connection problems (failed to connect due to rejection from the objective computer)"
    SaP628z.png

6. This user also tried to join other private servers and were able to log in all of them.

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)
preparing

Edited by mineko (see edit history)

Lots of good information however we need to actually see her output log file. You mentioned it but did not actually post it. Copy the entire log file and go to pastebin.com and paste the log there. Then post the link generated to this thread. It is very important to copy the entire log and not just the error as there is important, necessary information throughout the log. 

Thank you Star69, I am trying to get the information from her now. Anyway thank you so much, love you ❤️

Adding Computer information

Platform: (PC)
OS/Version: (Windows 10   64bit)
CPU Model: (Intel i7-6700)
System Memory: ( 16 GB )
GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 980   4GB)

Finally I got the log files.

OUTPUT LOGS:
https://pastebin.com/QBSHMKNH

I noticed one thing when I checked the log file.
The port number is different from what sever owner set.
I'm not sure if it affect this issue.

Line 326 as example
GamePref.ServerPort = 26900

She also noticed data downloading didn't start in Worlds folder, while she confirmed those data started to downloading when she tried to log in other dedi servers.
She also wiped recent cash data in steam folder, and rebooted her internet modem and router.

That refers to the server port number if she was going to host a server.

There are connection issues, she is unable to get information from several servers. Also she is showing errors with the main menu screen.  Is she perhaps using a vpn to play? If so, that by itself can be the problem. If she is not using a vpn, then I would look at her security software meaning her antivirus. She needs to set up an exclusion in the antivirus for the 7days folder and saves folder. I know you said that she verified integrity of the game files but have her do that 2 more times. Let us know if any of this helps. Someone else may give suggestions as well.

11 hours ago, mineko said:

She also noticed data downloading didn't start

This only happens on the first connection attempt.

Her local cache of the game is in this folder

C:\Users\SampleUserName\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/SavesLocal/E0CA6B19788C1640A53135C71FA57914

Have her completely delete that folder and the next connection will download a fresh copy from the server.

Another thing I see in the log is that her Windows 10 needs updates. I don't know if that is a problem, but should be corrected

anyway to rule it out.

1 hour ago, Star69 said:

There are connection issues, she is unable to get information from several servers.

Those are misconfigured servers, not an issue on her end. If you do the search using the same variables as she did, you will get the same result in your log. (region: Asia, Language: Japa. Nothing else) When the server browser does it's search, any wonky servers are listed in the log.

1 hour ago, Beelzybub said:

Another thing I see in the log is that her Windows 10 needs updates. I don't know if that is a problem, but should be corrected

anyway to rule it out.

i wont say it will or wont as many computer react differently but my windows 10 is very old version (by my choice).

2022-09-30T20:23:24 0.028 INF    OS: Windows 10  (10.0.16299) 64bit

i do not have any issues with 7dtd and havent since i have been playing it and as a tester.

Star69, Beelzybub, and unholyjoe, thank you for your help.

On 10/2/2022 at 3:00 AM, Star69 said:

Is she perhaps using a vpn to play?

No, she isn't using a VPN unfortunately.

On 10/2/2022 at 3:00 AM, Star69 said:

she verified integrity of the game files but have her do that 2 more times.

She did it more than 3 times at least.

She needs to set up an exclusion in the antivirus for the 7days folder and saves folder.

>About her security software, I'll ask her again. But I guess if security software prevents her computer from connecting, she can't connect other dedi servers as well.

On 10/2/2022 at 4:47 AM, Beelzybub said:

Have her completely delete that folder and the next connection will download a fresh copy from the server.

She also did this.

Edited by mineko (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One thing I noticed in the log:

GamePref.SaveGameFolder = C:\Users\GamePref.ServerPort = 26900\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves

These are two lines concatenated as the first line seems to be missing part of the path and a newline. I would have said the savegamefolder setting got corrupted, but she did use the tools tab to clear her settings, so maybe this is something else !???

I also notice the logfile does not have EAC enabled anymore while the initial error message was about EAC. Does the server allow connections without EAC? (I may be on a totally wrong track, don't ever use EAC myself)

On 11/7/2022 at 11:54 PM, meganoth said:

These are two lines concatenated as the first line seems to be missing part of the path and a newline.

Hi meganoth, thank you for your help.
I am really sorry, that was my mistake.
Line 311 should be as below. I also checked all the lines with WinMerge.

GamePref.SaveGameFolder = C:\Users\SampleUserName\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves

Yes, she did use the tools tab to do that.

Regarding EAC, this server is protected with EAC, it doesn't allow any connections without EAC.
I searched EAC related message in my log file, perhaps Line 146 is for EAC?

2022-09-30T18:29:05 74.491 INF Login: authstate_eac

2 hours ago, mineko said:

Hi meganoth, thank you for your help.
I am really sorry, that was my mistake.
Line 311 should be as below. I also checked all the lines with WinMerge.

GamePref.SaveGameFolder = C:\Users\SampleUserName\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves

Yes, she did use the tools tab to do that.

Regarding EAC, this server is protected with EAC, it doesn't allow any connections without EAC.
I searched EAC related message in my log file, perhaps Line 146 is for EAC?

2022-09-30T18:29:05 74.491 INF Login: authstate_eac

This may have changed in the meantime, but EAC puts a lot more log messages into the logfile, not only the single line you found. If she had EAC on then this logfile would have more EAC lines in it.

So is it possible that she had EAC enabled when she was still able to play on that server? And after doing a reset with the tools tab maybe EAC is off now (though I seem to remember EAC is on by default)? And she simply can't join because she has to turn on EAC first ?

On 11/13/2022 at 10:50 PM, meganoth said:

And she simply can't join because she has to turn on EAC first ?

Thank you again for your reply, meganoth.
Sadly, no, she kept EAC ON before and after this issue happened. She can join other dedi servers with EAC protection.

I also remember the EAC default setting is perhaps ON.