CompoPack 48 Allways same Buildings

Spadaa

Hi, the creator says that CompoPack 48 has over 1000 custom poi's

so why do i allways see the same poi's then?

I have on my map like

8 times the Gift Shoo

10 times the 7 Fit

5 times Kitsunes Bath shop or whatever.

I thought the mod has building diversity did i do something wrong?

Edited by Spadaa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Spadaa said:

Hi, the creator says that CompoPack 48 has over 1000 custom poi's

so why do i allways see the same poi's then?

I have on my map like

8 times the Gift Shoo

10 times the 7 Fit

5 times Kitsunes Bath shop or whatever.

I thought the mod has building diversity did i do something wrong?

it does have over 1000 pois tho rng gods still select the ones chosen. sometimes a few map generations will get different results as well. what size world are you playing

From "Edit Tools"
In "World Editor"
It might be quicker to modify the map.

Select and place the desired POI on the map.
If you save and start from that map
~ or on the way
chunk reset or
POI reset~
I think you can play that POI.

The sentence may be different because it is a translation

1 hour ago, Spadaa said:

You want me do a World Edit and place all Poi one by one?

Stallion never tried like that i always do Many towns and Cities

btw i Heard your farms are hardcore asf is that true?

my farm is pretty hardcore yes. the cp has some settlements of its own so selecting less towns will allow more cp settlements to spawn. 

• 3 months later...

The compopack is trash. The POI's are all more of the same trash but with 3000% more imbalance. Take one step into a cornfield and 10 feral wights spawn in melee range and insta down you. None of the people making this garbage took the time to balance it or to make it fun. Dont waste time with anything in this mod. just play vanilla POIs. It gets boring but its far less rage inducing.

49 minutes ago, GandhiWithGuns1 said:

The compopack is trash. The POI's are all more of the same trash but with 3000% more imbalance. Take one step into a cornfield and 10 feral wights spawn in melee range and insta down you. None of the people making this garbage took the time to balance it or to make it fun. Dont waste time with anything in this mod. just play vanilla POIs. It gets boring but its far less rage inducing.

Why do people feel the need on their first post to this community to trash other people's work?  Why not simply provide positive critical feedback and contribute to making mods and modlets better, rather than the need to tear someone and their work down?

I am going to make a few assumptions here, so please correct me if I am wrong on anything I am about to say.  You have not made a single POI in your life.  You have done nothing to generate content for others to load up into their game and try out / enjoy.  You have not taken the time to create something, put your ideas into action, and share it with the community at large.  Because if you actually did any of those things, you would understand the work that is involved in doing that and less likely to make posts like yours and more incline to help fellow creators improve their work.

Fun is subjective.  There are a wide range of POIs included in the combo pack with various difficulty levels.  If you find one too difficult for you to play, then remove that one from the list and it won't generate in your world.  Join the discord channel and ask questions.  Reach out to community members like @stallionsden and the various POI creators and ask them why they did X and / or Y.  You might be surprised what you find out just by asking questions first rather than trashing someone's work in the community.  Things like, they felt the game was too easy and they designed the POI to be more of a challenge on the settings that they play, or maybe it has been flagged for balance issues but the team hasn't had the time yet to address those.

2 hours ago, GandhiWithGuns1 said:

10 wights in a corn field? What POI was that? Sounds like fun to me. Let me know so I can try it out.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Why do people feel the need on their first post to this community to trash other people's work?  Why not simply provide positive critical feedback and contribute to making mods and modlets better, rather than the need to tear someone and their work down?

Just not how the internet works, unfortunately. If he cared enough to make an account just to post this crap he could've volunteered his time to helping the CP guys balance their POIs.

11 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

10 wights in a corn field? What POI was that? Sounds like fun to me. Let me know so I can try it out.

Just not how the internet works, unfortunately. If he cared enough to make an account just to post this crap he could've volunteered his time to helping the CP guys balance their POIs.

strange cornfield by Magoli. is a t3 poi. on the map looks like a skull with crossed bones looks cool as. 
actually has 31 to 45. Reason wrights on a t2 or t1 would be a bit over kill. so made it a t3 which is reasonable to have (aliens) wrights in the field. Lots of people had fun with this one. 

20 hours ago, GandhiWithGuns1 said:

The compopack is trash ... [snip] ... None of the people making this garbage ... [snip] ... just play vanilla POIs. It gets boring but its far less rage inducing.

Wow, venom for everyone. Nice.

In a roundabout kind of way he endorses the CP as not being boring.