It's the zombie apocalypse and there aren't any Hostess Twinkies

ElCabong

17 hours ago, ElCabong said:

You can't have a proper zombie apocalypse without Hostess Twinkies. I should call developers dumb and make a multi-page for rant about this in all caps.

/Buuurp. Sorry. Was a heck of a trek, but with everything going to hell a good sugar gorging sounded like a wonderful send off at the time. If I knew someone else would have wanted some I would have saved some to share.

3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Sorry...all out...😆

R61D4q.gif

Lol. No tinned peaches either. 😉

Nor cheesecake. Then again that company was never into peach flavours or cheese. And there were never enough twinkies...

If Jen's the driver of that van, well she'll get a pass from me. Pizza or no. And about that stethescope my dear, we need to have a chat.

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Pernicious said:

524dac9b-9f14-4e5d-8829-3d0e341ede62_text.gif.c22e3e704e8d0280268fa8b14a621689.gif

I think they misspelt Navezgane as Natick, but close enough?

Don't forget people don't get to choose their role based on previous occupations. Peter will pick your new skill allocations out of a hat.

I have been to that Twinkie factory and it hasn’t existed for a couple of decades mall got built over it.

1 hour ago, Crater Creator said:

In fairness, the Rule 1: Cardio skill shows the devs are happy to give a nod to fans of that particular movie… in ways less likely to get trademark lawyers interested.

Indeed. I'll bet they've gotten a few cease and desist orders already. Considering how some items in the game have changed their appearance during the course of the game's development. Lawyers aren't known for their sense of humor :classic_huh:

There's still some funny 'I saw what you did there' moments in the game. Nice touch.

The Maytag Washing Machine Company was founded in 1893 by businessman Frederick Maytag. Hence his name is on the machines to this day. 

'Maylag' is a play on that word, and yes probably tongue-in-cheek refers to 'may lag' as a joke. 

Another example is the brand name atop the large round plastic rubbish bins in the game. They say 'BRATE' instead of 'BRUTE' - a trade name for that kind of product.

Maybe close enough to the original to still be recognizable?  Actually could have sworn they did say BRUTE when first appearing in a previous Alpha though. Memory fails me.

Keep looking,  there's others. 

Ever have to explain a joke to someone? Yeah, it loses all humor. There ya go.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:08 PM, Melange said:

Probably can't buy a twinkie in that mall today. Bloody heathens. No respect....

I don’t miss waiting for the @%$#ing Twinkie train to pass by at the intersection late at night. I swear I waited close to an hour one night (around 2am). Long time ago so memory could be off but it felt like the train was a mile long and moving at a slow crawl.

4 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I don’t miss waiting for the @%$#ing Twinkie train to pass by at the intersection late at night. I swear I waited close to an hour one night (around 2am). Long time ago so memory could be off but it felt like the train was a mile long and moving at a slow crawl.

Lol. On my first read, I pictured a happy little twinkie engine pulling a slew of wheeled carts filled with happy tourists who had just left the factory tour. At 2:00 AM? Oh, you mean the real railroad...shunting on the rails...and you wait and wait...not fun.

I was so dissapointed when i finally tried twinkies. Soooo much sugar. I couldn´t taste anything but sugar. Don´t get me wrong i like sweet things. But that was way too much. Guess as a european i am just not used to that much sugar.

Well, a brand called maytag explains my confusion. I always thought Maylag is a very weird way to refer to "Miele" washing machines.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)