Server Side - Quality of Life Mods?

Hicksior

Morning team and everyone! I run a server for myself and a few friends and have a couple of mods on the server to change the UI and a few other things, which helps me being colourblind and having a decent UI. I was wondering if there is an easy way or a list of Server Side only mods that don't require the clients to download anything, reason for this is we have a couple that are not computer literate at all, one is only just getting his first PC to join us in the game. 

If this isn't something that is easy to find I will continue to hunt around the site more and more in spare time at work (shhhh) to find more.

Currently running a 

• UI Mod
  • Bag mod
  • Trash mod
  • Longer life bags

I just updated my mods so they are all Server Side. https://7daystodiemods.com/tag/code_ovrld/ 

I would think xFiberCraft might be a good starting point for someone who doesn't know how to play the game. It simplifies the crafting system down to using just Plant Fibers. Check out the video and give it a try. I wouldn't suggest to put it on an existing world. If you spooled up a new server so everyone could get warmed up it would probably be a good temporary learning space before you guys start a real game. 

Check out the video if you get stuck on the starting quest:

16 hours ago, Hicksior said:

Morning team and everyone! I run a server for myself and a few friends and have a couple of mods on the server to change the UI and a few other things, which helps me being colourblind and having a decent UI. I was wondering if there is an easy way or a list of Server Side only mods that don't require the clients to download anything, reason for this is we have a couple that are not computer literate at all, one is only just getting his first PC to join us in the game. 

If this isn't something that is easy to find I will continue to hunt around the site more and more in spare time at work (shhhh) to find more.

Currently running a 

• UI Mod
  • Bag mod
  • Trash mod
  • Longer life bags

Interesting... Always fun to build a server and an expert in Server Side Only is certainly @RAGE PVE. In fact, a visit to their community server would really be an eye opener to show you how much customisation can be achieved with only Server Side Only assets.

There are no up to date lists of server side only offerings that I can recall, but here are a few to get you started. Granted, I share what I know or was involved in but it is a starter as trawling the posts is the only way to go about things beyond Nexus and 7daystodiemods mod download hubs.

Entities

1. enZombies - 300+ custom server side only zombie types.

2. Snufkin Zombies PLUS - An eclectic mix of 'Boss' type entities which require a greater level of caution. The server options folder allows you to choose a 'lighter' version if things get overwhelming.

Vehicles

1. Server Side Vehicles - A collection of vehicles that expand of the regular ones or offer something quite unique.

Quality of Life

1. Oakraven's Pet Animals and Guards. This allows you to take of animals and use 'helpers' to protect your base/livestock.

2. Autobots - This offers two tools which automated the mining process and ammo crafting process, at a balanced cost...

3. Anna's Vehicle Respawning - This allows you to wrench a vehicle and have it respawn after a certain time limit.

4. Clear Bulletproof Glass - A new mod just for quality of life.

5. White River Quests - This mod bundles multiple mini mods all into one package and is all about custom quests. For example, collect 100 of this item and trade it in for a new type of machete. It needs a little update here and there and I hope the developer is able to give it a little maintenance but recent posts explain how to resolve any small things that need an update.

Overhaul Type Server Side Only

1. JaxTeller's 'The Vanilla Project - Mixing up default values and features.

2. A very nice collection that was server side only called 'Purgatory' by @magejosh and was a great experience for A19. It is no longer server side only for A20 but it's worth watching as we never know...

There are a lot more out there though and looking at these 3 threads shows a well categorised bundle of additional offerings:

Dough's thread - https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/17197-doughs-modlets/

Sam's Deco Bits - https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/23380-sams-deco-stuff-a20-server-side/

JaxTeller's Modlets - https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/25860-jaxteller718s-a20-modlets/