Guppy's A20 Zombies

Guppycur

On 9/30/2022 at 9:17 PM, Glisp said:

there was an issue I noticed where the zombies phased through walls wall trying to lunge at the player on the opposite side of one but this was an issue that seemed to correct itself after the animation finished.  as for the poor hit box issue. I never encountered this during my testing with my entity classes and groups. I dunno if it's just the zombies behave strangely with your EnZombies Error Null or what. I don't have them installed because the gameplay changes were a bit too brutal in some regards. It could also be related to the issue Guppy brought up as well. I've never had any issues getting hit by them though as I said above, so I'm not sure.

Hopefully though you guys enjoy my Entity Groups and classes. I had Guppy giving me input every step of the way and it was a good opportunity to get my feet wet with .xml and xpath editing.

Here is the run down of what I did:

- Each Entity either borrows data from an existing entity, or borrows sounds from them. There were a couple that didn't like being extended from existing zombies so I had to use the defaultzombietemplate and change some other values to keep them from being a copy paste of the defaultzombietemplate such as sounds, and walk style. I did keep a few on the default template though and just changed their walk types accordingly to what I felt would fit them best.

- all the zombies are in existing entity groups. A handful are in a lot of groups because of how run of the mill they are. Others were put into groups based on their appearance in order to fit a theme.  here is a list of all the uniquely placed zombies:

• Lucy and Alma are treated as scouts now (though at higher game stages they may spawn as normal zombies. not sure why as I am sure I deleted all their entries from the normal spawns. In fact I actually borrowed entitygroup data from the screamers so I'm not sure. Either way. when they spawn like this they won't summon mobs with their screams from what I've saw)
  • The Biomechanical Wight and Clot now use wight info. The Biomech wight is pretty much meant to be a tougher more resiliant type of wight made of metal. Be afraid of this guy at low levels, especially if you lack good armor or weapon damage, as they are quite dangerous, especially when with other bio mech wights and/or other zombies at night. Clot is kinda meant to be a weaker version of the wight. As a result he has less health than a standard wight and gives less XP. That being said, he can still sprint at you during the day so don't underestimate him. Both of these guys have a feral tag which you need in order for a feral wight class zombie to sprint during the day.
  • The three police zombies are placed in with the fatcop zombie. They do not puke however.  This was mostly to add variety to the various zombie cop POI spawns. Namely the police station POI's where a lot of them are set to spawn.
  • The old man zombie is placed in with the snow zombie spawns, which otherwise only include the Frozen Lumberjack. As a result you will see him running around the snow biome as well as in various places where the Frozen Lumberjack will spawn, such as that one Grocery Store POI with the loot in the Freezer.
  • many of the naked more decomposed looking zombies (like billy, Bob, etc) are placed in with burn victim zombies. As a result they have a chance of spawning anywhere you find burn victims.

- I altered the size scale of various zombies. Okay so a common issue is when a model is too big or small, the bones will do odd things on that specific zombie's death. A number of zombies in this collection were way too small, and looked super tiny compared to the player. This also had a side effect of a couple, such as the german cosplayer, having bones that stretch after death because of his smaller scaling. as a result I had to make him bigger among a few others that were too small. It was very hard getting a good scaling value but I think they're pretty decent now and I'm not seeing as much bone stretching on death if any.

That's pretty much as far as the changes to the zombies from the intial release go. Obviously most of the zombies don't have feral versions (an exception being the zombies definited as wights, which are exclusively feral for gameplay reasons) and all of them definitely don't have irradiated versions. Perhaps in the future I will try and do some texturing for these but for now I'm satisfied with the end result and I think Guppy is as well.

Anyway enjoy the mod. I got another one of Guppy's old mods that he's updated the models of for a20 that I am currently testing and because Guppy is gonna be gone for a few weeks it may be a while before it gets a full release. 

Bro, can we see a Pic ? The ones you are currently testing ?

so just a heads up. The link on 7daystodiemods.com has not been updated yet so use guppy's link in the OP for now instead. (which you should probably be doing anyway because you can't expect the website to always be up to date.)

also technically I can just show you the mod as it hasn't changed much since alpha 18

right now the only thing it's honestly lacking is sounds.  The model has been updated accordingly however to the alpha 20 format. There are also a few other creatures that I don't have any data to go off of right now so it may be a while before those guys are ready.

And yes the insect mound comes with it.  I was surprised the blocks didn't need updating at all.

Edited by Glisp (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Guppycur,

You have done a lot of great work with the zombies. I'm currently using it in my playthrough and it really brings more life to the game. (or should I say death) I believe you let Ragsy from the Vehicle Madness mod use a vehicle you designed. The mini-scooter you desined looks really good and is fast. In your A20 Zombies mod the Zombie Nurse is the best one like another person said. She is very detailed and looks just as good as the FunPimps zombies if not better. Your Zombie Stripper looks better than the alpha 19 version but that bloody crotch is a little much🧟‍♀️ 

Well remember, I'm not creating the models, I'm simply using what I've found to be available, but thanks for the compliments.

...although I do think I did add the undeboob and blood to that stripper. 😃

You can edit the entitygroups and remove her from spawning if that helps.

Also, you may want to avoid my baby boomer zombie if you come across it in a download, it's also a touch offensive.

13 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Well remember, I'm not creating the models, I'm simply using what I've found to be available, but thanks for the compliments.

...although I do think I did add the undeboob and blood to that stripper. 😃

You can edit the entitygroups and remove her from spawning if that helps.

Also, you may want to avoid my baby boomer zombie if you come across it in a download, it's also a touch offensive.

Zombie Lucy and the Old Man is very detailed as well I should add. Trust me, I don't want to edit the zombie stripper out😌 If you saw my YouTube channel I'm into risque things, but It's just that, how to I say this without sounding creepy; with the Zombie Party Girl, the FunPimps made her hot. They just added the deadpan eyes and blood over her. The bloody crotch takes away some of the hotness is what I meant. Seeing a girl on her period is never hot. You see what I'm saying now? (how did we get off on this subject?) Anyway, keep up the great work and I am interested in seeing the baby boomer zombies, it sounds interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 1:47 PM, Guppycur said:

sorry for the necro but what is that sneaking animation they are using? I've never saw that before. Also a little update on the monster mod guys: I've been away for a while playing other games and dealing with personal stuff. I just came back today and am planning on resuming the work I was doing with the bugs. I haven't decided if I will do the other monsters yet. Depends upon how dedicated and motivated I am.

Edited by Glisp
making the necro slightly more justified. (see edit history)

Look like @Guppycur has many hidden characters that still players dont know. 

I am playing this game for a while now and only recently came to know about this baby boomer and now the white monster when they are mentioned in this forum.

Those who has played 7dtd with Guppy's Zs included, knows that it takes the fun on a different level. Hope he combines all of them in one and keep updating with 7dtd.

21 hours ago, ahugehit said:

downloaded this a couple weeks ago to spruce of the vairety of the zombies..had 3 biochemical whites come in with a wandering horde and boy did that ruin my 1 life challenge lol. anyone got any ideas on how to comfortably kill them?

Lots and lots of bullets is the only effective way I've found and it really doesn't get any easier until you get larger calipered weapons (Firearms Expansion 4 mod ftw here ) or use explosives. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...