Insult to injury, of loot bags and crates, a short story.

Rotor

I am gamestage 70ish on current play through.  Cops and soldiers showed up on this day 91 BM.  Still using a lvl 5 primitive bow, so kills are slow, and horde spilled into the wee hours of the AM.  But I finished them off 6am.  Not a single loot bag hehe.

So off I go in search of crate that had dropped the day before but I didnt have time to get to it.  I find it, looking for some great loot in the forest biome.

Out comes a seed recipe, forget which one.......AND....a level 1 wrench LOL.  Would that be an IronyWrench?

2 hours ago, Rotor said:

I am gamestage 70ish on current play through.  Cops and soldiers showed up on this day 91 BM.  Still using a lvl 5 primitive bow, so kills are slow, and horde spilled into the wee hours of the AM.  But I finished them off 6am.  Not a single loot bag hehe.

So off I go in search of crate that had dropped the day before but I didnt have time to get to it.  I find it, looking for some great loot in the forest biome.

Out comes a seed recipe, forget which one.......AND....a level 1 wrench LOL.  Would that be an IronyWrench?

Not sure if that fits in the definition of irony or not. But deflating? Absolutely. If it was a hop seed recipe you were given, then plant some hops. Craft some beer and offer it to the RNG. Because you gotta know there's something not good between the two of you. ☹️

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Rotor said:

I am gamestage 70ish on current play through.  Cops and soldiers showed up on this day 91 BM

How are you already on Day 91 with this low Gamestage O_O I'm way past GS 100 and on day 50 and half the time I wasn't even playing (My server, a friend played alone often when I was at work)

29 minutes ago, Diragor said:

How are you already on Day 91 with this low Gamestage O_O I'm way past GS 100 and on day 50 and half the time I wasn't even playing (My server, a friend played alone often when I was at work)

Hmm, didn't register for me at first. But we can all play at different settings giving us different results within a similar timeframe. I like to boost my XP, reduce the zombie damage and increase my block damage. I'm comfortable with that. Others may scream "Heresy!". But I won't hear them, so I play my way, as can anyone else who chooses how they see fit.

But what is of significance imo, is what was @Rotor's loot stage? Day 91 with only a lvl5 primitive bow is nothing I've experienced before.

Edited by Melange
typo. usually always a typo (see edit history)

I don't quest, only use traders for selling and sometimes getting RnGeezus hard to find items.  Like bow/cross bow parts.  Still two short hehe.

I too reduce zombie block damage and player at 100% for damage and xp.  I do have level 4 pipe mg, but just used it for the first time against the cops.  I am slow progresser.  I haven't started looting many PoIs yet.

I am almost finished with my BM base.  My current PoI base has served it's purpose but it's past the level of protection I need.

I am in no hurry to die as I play dead is dead. :).

On day 84 BM one of El Cabong's buzzards got lost on my end of the world.  I don't have a roo on my PoI BM base.  I wasnt expecting thefm yet, anyway dang thing must have gotten tired from flying all the way over from his world, and dropped right on top of my nogging and gave me a light con cussion.  Had to pop an aspirin after I put an arrow in it's gut.  My perch is a power wire, surprised it didn't knock me off.  It would have been a rage quit moment hehe.