Voodoo Magic

Urban Blackbear

15 minutes ago, Maharin said:

I am made from a super computer comprised of 2048 Intel 8086 processors each paired with an 8087 math co-processor.  I have nearly 80 megabytes of addressable memory and over two terabytes of magnetic storage.

Fear my power.

Still lagging using google chrome XD

1 hour ago, Urban Blackbear said:

Hey now, this thread is strictly about magic. Science has no place here! I'd give Maharin a warning too but those computer specs are punishment enough.

Okay, how about this.  I got magic rocks to take down that sparkling box thing called Maharin  😁

17 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

Hey now, this thread is strictly about magic. Science has no place here! I'd give Maharin a warning too but those computer specs are punishment enough.

To paraphrase Arthur C. Clarke, "Any sufficiently advanced science may be mistaken as magic."

2 hours ago, mprojekt said:

"Any sufficiently advanced science may be mistaken as magic."

Indeed. That maxim has been exploited a lot in the past. Good, bad or indifferent - it is difficult to refute.

But, trying to keep this voodoo theme on track, with oddly lit reckoning machines susceptible to rare earth magical magnetism amoung slaughtered in-game chickens (its a real thing I assure you), where do we turn to now?

I say the contents of coffins. Jewelry? There is none. The occult, though not visibly within the code, may reveal.

Any input @Uncle Al?

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

I wonder if is there any fictional setting with zombies of any type, besides SCP, in which voodoo is, or can be, combined with anomalous science and technology. How well would it fit with 7Days and, being selfish here, would it be fun (or scary fun)?

On 8/19/2022 at 8:04 PM, Melange said:

Indeed. That maxim has been exploited a lot in the past. Good, bad or indifferent - it is difficult to refute.

But, trying to keep this voodoo theme on track, with oddly lit reckoning machines susceptible to rare earth magical magnetism amoung slaughtered in-game chickens (its a real thing I assure you), where do we turn to now?

I say the contents of coffins. Jewelry? There is none. The occult, though not visibly within the code, may reveal.

Any input @Uncle Al?

Voodoo doesn't fit very well into games generally, on the side of the protagonist.

The issue is that invocation is a core practice.  A person becomes a vessel for a Loa.  That's why they're nicknamed 'Divine Horsemen'.  We're the horses.

A lot of effects where your screen goes black, two days pass and a bunch of stuff has happened isn't really very engaging.

Something like invoking Maman Brigitte as your end game goal could work I guess. Avenging disrespect of the dead and healing are both in her domain so she'd make a reasonable zombie plague cure.