Things Happen. What's Caused You to Rage Quit?

Melange

Just rage quit because the horde glitched through my walls too often. I am the non-fighter base builder of my group and was the only one online. It takes forever for me to melee the horde through the holes of my carefully designed layered defenses using the spear (only non-ranged weapon that works with my type of defense). But whenever a zombie just glitches though one of the blocks, i have to retreat and close a door fast enough. It works 90% of the time but the zomvbies just glitch waaay tooo damn often. I now wait until horde night is over before respawning again... Repairs will be easy as the zombies don't destroy much - they mainly just cheat their way through.

It is a good game - but the zombie glitch bug is annoying beyound belief.

34 minutes ago, Abusimplea said:

It is a good game - but the zombie glitch bug is annoying beyound belief.

For a zombie to hit me and cause a leg sprain while I am on the other side of a block or door is not in the spirit of zombie defense, I agree. Now that you realise this, consider defending from a higher vantage point. Perhaps you are too invested in yourr build, but consider a base that is 4 or 5 blocks above the zombies. Shoot arrows through bars that you've laid as a platform. Try molotovs or other throwables through gaps in the flooring, that kind of thing. Now, the only glitching through of zombies that I can recall is usually through a hatch, whether its upgraded wood or made of iron, that's been placed to act as a gate or door.

You'll come back with a different strategy to try. It is a good game. And every play-through seems different because of the RNG aspect of it. 

And if you're about to face a bloodmoon and nobody else is likely to help in the attack, maybe use those few game hours before they all spawn to find someplace that you can survive in...the roof of a poi that's at least made of cobblestone is an option. Let them tear that place apart. You don't have to fight them, just survive them . Those birds will be your biggest challenge if the others can't get to you.

I'm not sure why they can glitch through your game blocks though. But then again, I don't let them get close enough to me to do that during bloodmoon. Adapt and have fun

4 minutes ago, Melange said:

And if you're about to face a bloodmoon and nobody else is likely to help in the attack, maybe use those few game hours before they all spawn to find someplace that you can survive in...the roof of a poi that's at least made of cobblestone is an option. Let them tear that place apart. You don't have to fight them, just survive them . Those birds will be your biggest challenge if the others can't get to you.

The Bear Den is my go to place for first month blood moon if I dont have my own place ready.    That place is 2 stories and solid brick.  You can set up multiple kill zones in one corner where the fire escape is.  Easy to cut off access and rain death on them.  The birds can be easily handled with a placed personal turret.

11 minutes ago, Melange said:

I thought it was Beer Den, but @Urban Blackbearhas taught me otherwise. Thanks for the suggestion . I may well convert that poi into my main base sometime.

Just beware of getting quest for that location, if you think it might be the bear den, scrap the quest or you will reset everything.  That is supposed to be patched (no quest where you have a land claim block) but we got mixed reports of people still getting quest in camped locations.

2 minutes ago, Orclover said:

Just beware of getting quest for that location, if you think it might be the bear den, scrap the quest or you will reset everything.  That is supposed to be patched (no quest where you have a land claim block) but we got mixed reports of people still getting quest in camped locations.

I wasn't aware that a land claim could affect a quest. One time I told team players not to quest at a specific poi because we had agreed it was going to be our base, eventually. Early game, lost our only forge and all its contents. Maybe a claim block would have helped, but it was a near rage quit for me. 'Sorry" is not the same as precious iron ingots. 

1 hour ago, Melange said:

I thought it was Beer Den, but @Urban Blackbearhas taught me otherwise. Thanks for the suggestion . I may well convert that poi into my main base sometime.

Face the bears and drinks are free

It was the beers, not the bears, I banter a bit with you both @ElCabong and @Urban Blackbear.  Sorry Bear. Call it a momentary lapse of whatever 😁

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Melange said:

Face the bears and drinks are free

It was the beers, not the bears, I banter a bit with you both @ElCabong and @Urban Blackbear.  Sorry Bear. Call it a momentary lapse of whatever 😁

It was a momentary lapse of my memory. She ain't what she used to be. Either that or I need to pace myself on my vices more. I think I dimly recall a conversation about that POI. 😅

On 8/9/2022 at 2:20 PM, ashaherro said:

Hi, I'm new here but this just happened yesterday:

I usually set up a frame cube with a storage chest on top, in front of trader. Yesterday I was in a hurry (in game) and accidentally moved all the loot from chest into my inventory. I hastily was putting it back, intending to get out what I needed to take with me, but somehow put whatever fit back into my inventory. Then, I must have moved a bit, which caused me to remove the cube instead of opening the chest. As a result, the chest fell and broke, and my loot fell on the ground in a loot bag. So, here I have a full inventory, had to make a chest, make room for the chest, place the chest...all that was an unexpected mess and then just as I went to grab the loot from the "dropped loot" bag, it disappeared. I was so mad. I tried to see if there was a way to rewind time or something...but that only set the clock back, it didn't change any of the events. I was only on day 2, but I had a pretty decent amount of dukes and a lot of good stuff from tearing things down, and quick questing, looting, etc.

Be glad you weren't around during 16.4 when you might drive your fully loaded minibike off a cliff into deep water in the middle of nowhere 6km away from the nearest Pass N Gas.

The headache of unloading/loading the bike + setting/loading/unloading a drop chest + deconstructing/reconstructing the bike + avoiding drowning was absolutely maddening.

The new server search feature . It's SO HORRIBLE I quit . Almost uninstalled the game .WHY THE F.. did they put that in the game ??? Who wanted that ? DID THEY EVEN TEST IT ??? that's just beyond f.. up .

I want to play a server I already played at but the search doesn't allow cause who knows why ? 

It says limit reached ..WHAT LIMIT T.F. ? 

Plus we need server resets all three hours or so  since alpha 20 .still not fixed 

32 minutes ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Be glad you weren't around during 16.4 when you might drive your fully loaded minibike off a cliff into deep water in the middle of nowhere 6km away from the nearest Pass N Gas.

The headache of unloading/loading the bike + setting/loading/unloading a drop chest + deconstructing/reconstructing the bike + avoiding drowning was absolutely maddening.

Remember riding around and having your minibike just disappear?  Gone.  Sometimes it was at the bottom of the map under all the earth and other times it was just frickin gone to the ether.  God I hope they finally fixed that one forever.

We had a box at the garage full of minibikes spawned for every time it would happen.   It was pretty annoying.

7 minutes ago, AndroidFerret said:

The new server search feature . It's SO HORRIBLE I quit . Almost uninstalled the game .WHY THE F.. did they put that in the game ??? Who wanted that ? DID THEY EVEN TEST IT ??? that's just beyond f.. up .

I want to play a server I already played at but the search doesn't allow cause who knows why ? 

It says limit reached ..WHAT LIMIT T.F. ? 

Plus we need server resets all three hours or so  since alpha 20 .still not fixed 

And here I thought this was supposed to be a lighthearted thread...

No rage quits on my part, but I have done a few WTH BFT moments.  My most recent one was thinking that I need to find a program out there to compare 20.5 to 20.6 so I can start updating my mod.....only to realize today that when I installed Notepad++ to work on it in the first place, I had already installed the right plugin for it.

:facepalm:

On 8/14/2022 at 10:19 PM, Melange said:

You'll come back with a different strategy to try. It is a good game. And every play-through seems different because of the RNG aspect of it. 

I'm not sure why they can glitch through your game blocks though. But then again, I don't let them get close enough to me to do that during bloodmoon. Adapt and have fun

It was an underground base and i had an entry hall made of multiple small cells made of U-shaped frames. These shapes are perfect for a spear build because it is easy to melee through them, but zombies can only pass through them by glitching. I knew about the glitching problem as i already have experience with an elevated base where zombies managed to destroy blocks behind other block and then glitch into that space (i literally had to destroy almost fully intact blocks to reach the zombies inside that wall). The multiple cells interconnected by carefully placed doors of which most would block the path in either state (single door airlock design often seen in Rust) worked fine to deal with that - until the server lagged too much and it became hard to precisely maneuver into the next cell.

I don't know Why they can hit blocks behind intact blocks or glitch though single block thick walls.

But the damaging of hidden blocks might have been done by an exploding zombi - the hidden blocks wheren't upgraded to the same tier as the blocks in front and maybe, the engine doesn't implement blast shielding properly.

In any observed instance of glitching, a zombie tried to crawl to me or got displaced by other zombies into a single-layer wall repeatedly and then teleported from inside the wall to my side. I guess, that they more often teleport to the outer side and there just is a little chance that they glitch too much and the engine chooses my side as the nearest open space. Looks like fighting zombies with a spear gives them a lot of time to bug out in different ways...

Anyways: Of course i sill have fun and adapt to the bugs. But i wished, that zombies would actually have to break walls to get through them.

Also, spears should have a power attack that doesn't throw them away. I love ranged melee and never throw the spear on purpose.

Traprooms and bugs.
When I am talking about traprooms I mean those completely invisible breaking blocks, weirdly placed mines or wall/roof zombies.
I play on insane and even one hit can spell doom. So basicially anything where there is no way to avoid death, no matter how careful you are (except to know that this trap is there) gets me to ragequit.
Before these traprooms were introduced, I had 9 deaths in 8 alphas and 700+ hours.
After than I got like... 20 more in A17-19 alone. All except maybe two or three not my fault, just bs.